Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #1

365 SAQ 2nd AC Unit

OK, having my other issues resolved I'm embarking on my next project. When I bought my 365SAQ I had the second AC unit installed in the front bedroom. It was wired and framed for the unit so I figured what the hell.

Apparently I was not specific enough with the dealer and the unit installed was a non-ducted Coleman Mach 3 with manual controls. The manual controls are not necessarily the problem, but I am a little disappointed that the unit is not ducted.

My question is that I have seem 365SAQs advertised as having a ducted second AC unit. Does this mean that perhaps something as simple as changing the plenum could enable me to "tap into" the duct work and start pushing air through the whole RV?

Has anyone added the second AC unit on their own and have first hand knowledge of the accessibility of the duct work? If I can accomplish ducting this unit for the expense of the alternate plenum I would love to do so, but I also hate to start down the path of tearing it all apart just to find out that I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher523 View Post
OK, having my other issues resolved I'm embarking on my next project. When I bought my 365SAQ I had the second AC unit installed in the front bedroom. It was wired and framed for the unit so I figured what the hell.

Apparently I was not specific enough with the dealer and the unit installed was a non-ducted Coleman Mach 3 with manual controls. The manual controls are not necessarily the problem, but I am a little disappointed that the unit is not ducted.

My question is that I have seem 365SAQs advertised as having a ducted second AC unit. Does this mean that perhaps something as simple as changing the plenum could enable me to "tap into" the duct work and start pushing air through the whole RV?

Has anyone added the second AC unit on their own and have first hand knowledge of the accessibility of the duct work? If I can accomplish ducting this unit for the expense of the alternate plenum I would love to do so, but I also hate to start down the path of tearing it all apart just to find out that I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
I added the my second A/C, but couldn't tell you right off hand if the duct work is accessible. From what I recall the vent box was completely framed in. I actually had to drill through the framing to get to the wiring. As for the ducted 2nd a/c it may have been a factory only order, but not completely certain. I'm not even sure at the moment where the vent is for the A/C up front. I put in a closeable vent on and close it off when I have 2nd A/C running. We personally like the fan noise.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote