Old 11-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #11

We noticed the problem as well on a trip to the Catskills three weeks ago. The front cabinet was very warn. I have an air deflector I bought for my last 5er to redirect the air towards the living area. This works well but I forgot to put it in the Sierra when I changed over from the Copper Canyon. We also use an electric heaters vs the furnace as much as possible. My regulator did not automatically switch over but did function manually. I agree with Golf Medic, I would really think twice before modifying the floor. Roll stock is put down first and then all the interior is built in. Pandoras box!

rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #12

Not my choice to modify the floor, that's the fix the dealer is implementing. That's why I'm wondering if a call to Forest River is in order prior to the work being performed.... Just to ensure they plan to stand behind it.

Does anyone know how I would go about getting the contact information for the Sierra product manager at Forest River? The only number I can find is the main FR number on my owners manual.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #13

I would contact Golf Medic. If you have read the 365 posts on Sierra and Sandpiper you will know he has been a real advocate over the axle issue and has had much contact with FR. He would be my first choice.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #14

I had a new floor put in my 365 saq 2 months after i bought it. The factory ripped the floor before they shipped it. The new floor came up and it and it was a pain. The quarter round they put in did look nice. I would be interested to know if your furnace is under the stove or in the basement. I was at the dealer and noticed that the new 365 saq has the furnace in the basement now.
If you have any concerns about the dealer working on it because they have not done a good job before in the past, I would not let them. I would use the deflector or get another type of vent if possible. I still own a 365 saq but I had to trade the one with the bad floor due to it coming up.

Btw does anyone notice that there slides drag a little on the linoleum about 3/4 of the was in???
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #15

PM sent.
Funny, I went and looked a few minutes ago, and my main vent is in front of the fridge, not in front of the entertainment center. I wonder what brought that change on? I would bet that the area mine is located in is a higher traffic area and thus may weaken the floor. But who knows! And yes, I would be worried about the new floor coming loose in a couple of years when it is out of warranty. I still say for the price we pay for these things, there should be at least a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year. Some manufacturers are doing that now, even FR manufacturers. I wish Sandpiper/Sierra had that. Not being just a FR issue, but with campers with a 1 year warranty, if you have issues, your camper spends most of its first year at the dealer instead of the campground! I tried to warn Sandpiper over a year ago that the 365s were too close, if not overweight, but no one thought it was possible. I kept on and finally took mine and had it weighed and then took a pic of the weight label and sent it to them. I had to just stay on them, and now, they FINALLY realize they have a problem!
With defects like the vents and things like this, please let's keep after them because most of these people that design and build these things obviously haven't spent much time in them!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #16

I think they moved the vent because it was right next to the furnace and the floor got very hot. The were 2013 365 moved the furnace into the basement. This might help distribute the air better since the back bed room gets so hot and the master bedroom is cold.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
I think they moved the vent because it was right next to the furnace and the floor got very hot. The were 2013 365 moved the furnace into the basement. This might help distribute the air better since the back bed room gets so hot and the master bedroom is cold.
Probably right! I solved this by adding adjustable vents to the bunkroom and the kitchen that forced more air to the master BR. That was my solution to that particular problem. Now just got to add more air(cold) flow to bunkroom like some of you guys have done.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #18

Where did you get your vents from? I got one from my dealer and the holes that hold them in don't match up?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
Where did you get your vents from? I got one from my dealer and the holes that hold them in don't match up?
I took the one out of the floor and went to Home Depot and Lowes and found the correct size for them. I believe I finally bought them at Home Depot for teh 365. I had them in my 355 as well and I think I bought those at Lowes.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
PM sent.
Funny, I went and looked a few minutes ago, and my main vent is in front of the fridge, not in front of the entertainment center. I wonder what brought that change on? I would bet that the area mine is located in is a higher traffic area and thus may weaken the floor. But who knows! And yes, I would be worried about the new floor coming loose in a couple of years when it is out of warranty. I still say for the price we pay for these things, there should be at least a 2 year warranty instead of a 1 year. Some manufacturers are doing that now, even FR manufacturers. I wish Sandpiper/Sierra had that. Not being just a FR issue, but with campers with a 1 year warranty, if you have issues, your camper spends most of its first year at the dealer instead of the campground! I tried to warn Sandpiper over a year ago that the 365s were too close, if not overweight, but no one thought it was possible. I kept on and finally took mine and had it weighed and then took a pic of the weight label and sent it to them. I had to just stay on them, and now, they FINALLY realize they have a problem!
With defects like the vents and things like this, please let's keep after them because most of these people that design and build these things obviously haven't spent much time in them!
I'll have to go check out your thread on the axles. Maybe if I come through this flooring / heater issue I'll look into getting my axles replaced. We do a lot of mileage and I would hat to run into an issue.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq