Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #21

One of the threads was started by Supercab79. I just had a little input into it.
Here they are. \
I would suggest you go out and look at the weight rating sticker on your camper. See how much it weighs, then go from there. This is what I found on mine

Here is a link to the discussion on it.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ght-29605.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ook-30656.html
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #22

Hey Monty whats up... This is a very interesting post between the peeling linoleum, inadequate ac in the bunkhouse, bad transfer valves, under rated axles and now burning up cabinets what did I buy into here. Just kidding. This is a great example of the old Detroit mentality consumer R and D or straight to market release. If you can't outsource production overseas there are only so many corners to cut. Its cheaper to repair/recall/replace than to research and develop. Plus statistics show less than a third of consumers will complain or better yet demand total satisfaction. I personally would rather have the damaged doors replaced and then deflect air flow than have a half hearted repair done to the floor and flooring. Remember you bought a new rv not a pieced together repaired rv , if it were 5 yrs old that would be one thing but not brand new. I feel your pain brother, hang in there.
Good luck..
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #23

I too had rather have the doors replaced than to have them pull up the flooring. My hesitation on this matter was the way he described his dealer's reaction to the problem. I would want them to at least look at it, talk about it, then consult with the factory, then get to working on a solution. A lot of times I don't think the factory is aware of some of the problems that are 'taken care of' by the dealers. They may have a more amicable solution to the problem at hand and one that may satisfy the customer more. I'd almost bet that somewhere, as many as they have sold, the factory or factory rep knows a little more than the dealer. Just my opinion. Go through the process, If you don't like the answer the dealer is giving you, take it a little higher. So far, through 2 new campers in 2 years, I have been impressed with the warranty procedures through FR. I know I have a matter still unresolved as of now, but these people(FR reps) are willing to listen and get with others to maybe find a solution. Good luck and let us know what your solution is.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #24

So after a little research, and a quick chat with a different dealer, it turns out that this is exactly the reason the new(er) 2013 Sierra and Sandpiper 365SAQs have had the furnace and blower relocated. The unit no longer resides in the kitchen and is now located in the basement. By chaning the direction of the airflow the intesity of heat blown directly on the furniture and TV is greatly reduced. I'm also told that this resolves the issue of limited heat in the main bedroom. I think this might have been mentioned in this thread already, but I figure the dealer's word is a bit of confirmation.

Thanks to Golfmedik I have been in touch with my product rep at forest River and he has assured me that he will look into the issue. So far he has only asked for information pertaining to my dealer, but its a start. I'm hoping the resolution is to relocate the furnace. I think this is a much better option than cutting up my floor and if it isn't suggested I will definitely be bringing up to the FR rep. I think I'm one very small step closer to a more reasonable soluton and I'll keep everyone updated concerning what the final fix ends up being. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, insight, and advice.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher523 View Post
So after a little research, and a quick chat with a different dealer, it turns out that this is exactly the reason the new(er) 2013 Sierra and Sandpiper 365SAQs have had the furnace and blower relocated. The unit no longer resides in the kitchen and is now located in the basement. By chaning the direction of the airflow the intesity of heat blown directly on the furniture and TV is greatly reduced. I'm also told that this resolves the issue of limited heat in the main bedroom. I think this might have been mentioned in this thread already, but I figure the dealer's word is a bit of confirmation.

Thanks to Golfmedik I have been in touch with my product rep at forest River and he has assured me that he will look into the issue. So far he has only asked for information pertaining to my dealer, but its a start. I'm hoping the resolution is to relocate the furnace. I think this is a much better option than cutting up my floor and if it isn't suggested I will definitely be bringing up to the FR rep. I think I'm one very small step closer to a more reasonable soluton and I'll keep everyone updated concerning what the final fix ends up being. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, insight, and advice.
Sounds like you are on the right track. I was assured by the rep and the engineers that I spoke with that FR prides itself in customer service. So far, I agree. I've found that most dealers are the ones that cause a lot of the problems. I believe that the reps are the answer most times. Although I've been very pleased with my dealer, there are some out there that just aren't up to the task. I hope you get a decent resolution.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #26

UPDATE: Solution Inside....

OK, I heard from the dealer today and I wanted to share the results / solution with everyone.

I had a two part problem. Problem one was an obstruction in the ductwork, however, even after resolving that issue the dealer was still experiencing the same symptoms I reported. After reaching out to Forest River to explain the situation they were provided the "standard fix" that FR utilizes for all 365 SAQs manufactured prior to the furnace relocation to the basement.

A register with a flush mounted damper replaced the register currently situated right up against the entertainment center - the damper is set to the closed or very slightly open position. A template was then used to add a register ~2.5' rearwards of the entertainment center. The combination of these solutions (removal of obstruction and register corrections) not only corrected the issue of overheating the TV/entertainment center, but it also increased airflow to the front bedroom.

All of the damaged furniture / electronics have also been replaced. While aesthetically it does look a little goofy with two registers within 3' of each other, it does work and solve the problem quite well without the need to pull up any flooring or relocate any major appliances. The final solution is a rather simple one and for sure it was something I could have done myself, but I am happy to have had FR own the problem and provide a standard solution of which they will be standing behind as a permanent fix.

I'm not sure this is the most glamorous of solutions, but I did say I would report back once resolved and there it is. In the end FR and my dealer made it right and I'm ready to get back to camping.

On to the next project.......

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #27

If you are content with it, we are too! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. Here's to happy camping

Tags
365, 365 saq