Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #1

365 SAQ Issues

Has anyone had the same issues with their 2013 Sierra 365 SAQ?

1. I have a 15k BTU and the 13.5k in my bedroom. I placed insulation (the kind you place in your car's windshield) in all my windows and skylights and my trailer is still hot! The outside temp is 94 F w/ 104 F heat index. There is not shade in the park. Now I can close the door to my cab over bedroom w/ the 13.5k with the same insulation in the windows and it will freeze me out in the bedroom.

2. Whenever I take a shower or brush my teeth in the cab over bathroom I get a horrible smell coming from the drains. I have tried it with the grey tank closed and open with no help. I have even fill the grey tank and poured 2 bottles of grey tank tst with no help. I don't get the smell with my gallery or rear greay tank bathroom.

3. When I flush my toilet in my cab over bathroom the water bubbles like the black tank is having to vent through my toilet.

4. I have flushed both black tanks over and over and the meter still shows 3/4 full no matter how much I flush the tanks.

I am so frustrated with this trailer not working right since I bought it a year ago. I am not empressed with Forrest River Sierra's. Any help to resolve these issues would help out alot. This is not my first trailer either
JRRoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #2

Sounds like you must have a draining issue. As if you didn't already know that hey. I would try snaking the drains and checking the vents on the roof for insects, nests, etc could have a blockage in your vent.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #3

i have a 2012 with the same set up yes it is hard to cool that big trailer down what we do is use a fan in the master bedroom and aim it toward the living room area to push some of the front ac toward back of camper, also we have a fan that you can rotate upward that we put in bunkhouse to help with air circulation since that room seems to get the hottest, also make sure you leave the back bathroom door open in the bunkhouse since that gives u a extra vent to help, with all that ours stays pretty cool. It does just as good if not better than our 32 foot travel trailer with 1 ac. I cant help u on the smell but as far as the sensors go mine always read a 1/3 or 2/3 especially in the bunkhouse bathroom i have 3 girls, so i think the sensors just get toilet paper on them, it was the same when we had our travel trailer.
inspectorgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #4

I have never had sensors that work properly they always have some kind of build up on them. I have tried every chemical out there, but the things that work the best is about a 1/3 tank and two bags of Ice cubes and go for a drive seems to knock of whatever is hung up.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #5

still buy and use a flush king, and back flush till clear and let sit full for 12 hours, then flush it.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #6

Have had 5 trailers over 30 + yrs and have had issues with all of them as far as sensors. Have used ice cubes as sugested and also electrosol pods. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Do check your vent stacks for clogging. If clear u need to contact the dealer. Plumbing has been known to be incorrectly installed. I have also had an awning over the windows in my living area slide.(as well as slide toppers) You will be surprised how much heat they keep out of the trailer. These are large rigs and it takes a lot to cool them. If I remember correctly the industry fells if they cool the trailer 10degrees from ambient they have done their job. Believe me its not just FR none of them are perfect.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote