Old 01-11-2015, 06:32 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by Jjc274 View Post
Thanks for the replies. The axle ratings are 5200lb front and 6200lb rear. It looks like my GCWR is 24,500lb so I think I'll be ok with the weight of the 365SAQB. Just worried about highway towing or steep grades. Any thoughts or experiences?
You are partially there with your numbers but you are missing some. What does your truck actually weigh with full tank of fuel, driver, pets and gear in it (if you don't have the hitch already then figure approx 150 lbs for fifth wheel hitch)? Take it to a cat scale to find out. When you do put the front wheels on scale pad one and rear wheels on scale pad two. Subtract your scaled rear axle weight from your gross rear axle weight. The difference is the room available for pin weight. Take the total truck weight from the scale and subtract it from the gcwr to get your adjusted towing capacity. Take the total truck weight from the scale and subtract it from the gvwr to get your available payload.

The trailer loaded weight needs to be less than the adjusted tow capacity. The loaded pin weight needs to be less than your available pin weight and within specs for the rear axle. Someone above quoted a loaded pin weight of 3100 lbs. That would barely be within specs of my 3500 once family, hitch etc are accounted for.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #12
Thanks for all the info. I'll have to get the truck to the scales and go from there.

Jjc274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #13
Here is mine empty from when I went to pick it up. 2006 dodge 2500 mega cab.

2013 365 SAQ
Rufinit is offline   Reply With Quote

365, 365 saq, tow vehicle