Old 01-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #1

365SAQ - Replace Couch with Recliners???

Hey all,

We bought the 365SAQ last year, and everything is great...except the living area couch. What a piece of crap!!!! We would like to replace it with 2 recliners, but I am not sure how you would do that. I checked the couch and its freestanding and could most likely fit through the door to remove, but my question is how to get the recliners in the unit.

Can we get a couple of RV style wall hugger recliners through the door? Do we have to use RV or can we buy home style recliners? Seems like they would be an option originally if they could get them in, but they are not.

We really want to do this badly, but am afraid to order these things in case they don't fit. Obviously we would measure for fit inside, but just getting them through the door is our big fear.

Our only other option (yes its extreme) is to trade in the unit for something with a better floor plan for us. We like the Open Range 375BHS and it will be our next unit... just wasn't planning on it for this year as we would take a HUGE hit on 1 year of use.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #2

we took our tt to a la-z-boy store. the sales staff brought the fabric samples out to the tt and the actual chairs to fit. no problems getting them thru the door the backs come off the chair bases.

Hitch: 1200 Equalizer
Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #3

How much of a problem was it, to get the old sofa through the 24" door opening.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #4

Well my door is 28.5 inch opening.. which I am told is standard... if yours if 24 you are probably out of luck. Have you measured it at 24?

We ended up buying a 66 inch wide, 26 inch tall, removable back, leather dual recliner wallhugger love seat for a great price. Its SOOO much more comfortable than the couch in there, but we have not had it delivered yet so it might not fit, but all the measurements say it will.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Nowadays, most backs come off of reclining furniture. Furthermore, the bases also come apart with a common rail bar on the bottom. I own a furniture store and all of the pieces we sell are this way. We did the same thing with our Wildwood TT. I am now ordering a power reclining console sofa for our 355QBQ. We do a fair amount of business with people replacing their RV furniture with residential mattresses, recliners, etc.. Post some pics of your new sofa when you get it in. Good luck.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Now a "Top Member"

I put my old Lazy Boy from the house in the Cat (I got a new leather recliner!). As noted above, the top separates from the bottom, making it super easy to get the recliner in. Getting the couch out however, was a different story. I don't know what kind of sofa you have, but mine was the foldout with an air mattress. It has the big curly arms and the back cushions just lean against the wall for support (no hard back on the sofa). Anyway, I had to remove the front "legs", and there were 1X2 boards that went the length of the sofa. I had to remove that one also.

The screws were the square hole screws, and naturally I didn't have one that would fit. But, once I got the screws out and the legs and board off, the sofa just, and I mean just squeezed through my doorway. My wife had to give it a gentle nudge, and out it popped.
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

Couch was easly removed , pillow top when pullled upright will remove and allow additional space to take out of RV. Or least this one did. We installed a power love seat with 2 recliners .. What a difference.. A Lot more comfortable ..
Old 03-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #8

Guys, thinking of doing the same, either recliners or reclining loveseat. Would love to see some photos!
Sahgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #9

i'd love to see pictures, not a fan of my couch either
Old 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #10

So we went to Rooms To Go (chain discount furniture store) after being to the LazyBoy showroom where the loveseats were 2K dollars (not gonna do it). We bought a 700 dollar leather wallhugger recliner and made sure the backs came off, did all the measurements to make sure it fit, and picked it up. I will shoot some pics when I find out if it all fits etc. Its about 2000 percent more comfortable than the POS couch they put in there is.

I did find out from a little birdy that the replacement for the 365SAQ will have the theater seating loveseat with drink holders in it....

Tags
365, 365saq