Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #1

365SAQ - Replace Couch with Recliners???

Hey all,

We bought the 365SAQ last year, and everything is great...except the living area couch. What a piece of crap!!!! We would like to replace it with 2 recliners, but I am not sure how you would do that. I checked the couch and its freestanding and could most likely fit through the door to remove, but my question is how to get the recliners in the unit.

Can we get a couple of RV style wall hugger recliners through the door? Do we have to use RV or can we buy home style recliners? Seems like they would be an option originally if they could get them in, but they are not.

We really want to do this badly, but am afraid to order these things in case they don't fit. Obviously we would measure for fit inside, but just getting them through the door is our big fear.

Our only other option (yes its extreme) is to trade in the unit for something with a better floor plan for us. We like the Open Range 375BHS and it will be our next unit... just wasn't planning on it for this year as we would take a HUGE hit on 1 year of use.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #2

we took our tt to a la-z-boy store. the sales staff brought the fabric samples out to the tt and the actual chairs to fit. no problems getting them thru the door the backs come off the chair bases.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #3

How much of a problem was it, to get the old sofa through the 24" door opening.
rschroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #4

Well my door is 28.5 inch opening.. which I am told is standard... if yours if 24 you are probably out of luck. Have you measured it at 24?

We ended up buying a 66 inch wide, 26 inch tall, removable back, leather dual recliner wallhugger love seat for a great price. Its SOOO much more comfortable than the couch in there, but we have not had it delivered yet so it might not fit, but all the measurements say it will.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #5

Nowadays, most backs come off of reclining furniture. Furthermore, the bases also come apart with a common rail bar on the bottom. I own a furniture store and all of the pieces we sell are this way. We did the same thing with our Wildwood TT. I am now ordering a power reclining console sofa for our 355QBQ. We do a fair amount of business with people replacing their RV furniture with residential mattresses, recliners, etc.. Post some pics of your new sofa when you get it in. Good luck.
Team Topper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Now a "Top Member"

I put my old Lazy Boy from the house in the Cat (I got a new leather recliner!). As noted above, the top separates from the bottom, making it super easy to get the recliner in. Getting the couch out however, was a different story. I don't know what kind of sofa you have, but mine was the foldout with an air mattress. It has the big curly arms and the back cushions just lean against the wall for support (no hard back on the sofa). Anyway, I had to remove the front "legs", and there were 1X2 boards that went the length of the sofa. I had to remove that one also.

The screws were the square hole screws, and naturally I didn't have one that would fit. But, once I got the screws out and the legs and board off, the sofa just, and I mean just squeezed through my doorway. My wife had to give it a gentle nudge, and out it popped.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

Couch was easly removed , pillow top when pullled upright will remove and allow additional space to take out of RV. Or least this one did. We installed a power love seat with 2 recliners .. What a difference.. A Lot more comfortable ..
Old 03-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #8

Guys, thinking of doing the same, either recliners or reclining loveseat. Would love to see some photos!
Sahgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #9

i'd love to see pictures, not a fan of my couch either
Johnny9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #10

So we went to Rooms To Go (chain discount furniture store) after being to the LazyBoy showroom where the loveseats were 2K dollars (not gonna do it). We bought a 700 dollar leather wallhugger recliner and made sure the backs came off, did all the measurements to make sure it fit, and picked it up. I will shoot some pics when I find out if it all fits etc. Its about 2000 percent more comfortable than the POS couch they put in there is.

I did find out from a little birdy that the replacement for the 365SAQ will have the theater seating loveseat with drink holders in it....
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #11

So the one you got was a single recliner or a Love seat?
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFlyer View Post
So we went to Rooms To Go (chain discount furniture store) after being to the LazyBoy showroom where the loveseats were 2K dollars (not gonna do it). We bought a 700 dollar leather wallhugger recliner and made sure the backs came off, did all the measurements to make sure it fit, and picked it up. I will shoot some pics when I find out if it all fits etc. Its about 2000 percent more comfortable than the POS couch they put in there is.

I did find out from a little birdy that the replacement for the 365SAQ will have the theater seating loveseat with drink holders in it....
Make sure you get a new empty weight if you think you are close to the max gross for the camper. Most likely that recliner is quite a bit heavier than the OEM. They are selected for light weight in addition to utility.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones View Post
So the one you got was a single recliner or a Love seat?
Love seat, wall hugger, leather. It's 66 inches wide and the hole is 70.5. It's also 26 inches high with backs removed and door is 28.5. Going out this weekend to put it in...hopefully.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Make sure you get a new empty weight if you think you are close to the max gross for the camper. Most likely that recliner is quite a bit heavier than the OEM. They are selected for light weight in addition to utility.
Agreed, for some it's a concern. For me, we are seasonal, so it's ok until we sell.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #15

Would appreciate hearing how it went and a looksee if you get a chance to pic it.
Sahgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #16

Would also love to see pics...
tlowery643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #17

Ok, so first is an apology... I FORGOT TO GET A PICTURE...

We put the new sofa in, and took the old sofa out yesterday in a hurry as we were trying to make a schedule for Easter, and thus I forgot to get pics. The new sofa was either the same weight or possibly a little lighter than that "couch" they put in it originally... at least based on my opinion in muscling both around. The new recliner loveseat fit beautifully in and there is even room on both sides to easily engage the recliner triggers which are on the ends of the loveseat. It is SO much more comfortable and the color of the loveseat worked perfectly with the interior. We are extremely pleased with the upgrade. I don't know if this is the exact model we ordered, but this looks identical and is the same dimensions... Verano Dark Burgundy Blended Leather Reclining Loveseat | Loveseats | Rooms To Go Furniture

We will be out there again next week and I promise I will grab a couple of pictures. I would strongly suggest this upgrade to anyone thinking of doing it, especially in the 365SAQ... it makes it a LOT more comfortable in there. My only problem now is that the kids are more interested in sitting in the living room....
Old 04-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Dahl View Post
I have lost two wheel bearings in two years. have had both axles replaced, alignment checked. any solutions. GEORGE
Can an admin start this up as a new thread so George gets some exposure for an answer?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #19

We loved our Hide a Bed couch when our grandkids were younger and camped with us a lot. Now that they are older we have taken it out and replaced it with a small deep freeze and a small table for writing and our lab top computer works great. The freezer and the couch will go through our door on our 30ft 5 wheel with no trouble. We have put the couich back in for a trip or two when we had one or two more going with us. Just an idea if you don't need the extry seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Trailer 003.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	13430
billy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #20

The following photos couch replacement with love seat on my sierra trailer.much more comfortable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120514_185846.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	13798   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120514_185916.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	13799  

Tags