Old 06-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

365saq slideout problem

Last year the slideouts worked fine and now have the following problem. When extending the slides the hydraulic motor will move the slides out for about 5-6 secs and then it will stop. I have to let go of either the wireless remote or manual slideout button and wait 3-4 secs until I hear a click from the motor in front storage area and then once again I can continue moving the slides out. You have to repeat this process until the slides are fully extended. I checked the hyd fluid level and it is fine. This happens either connected to shore power or while connected to the truck. Any ideas what the problem is and if this can be looked into by myself before I contact dealer? At the beginning of the year I sprayed dry lube on the rails of all the slides but know this is not a factor. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are going on some long haul trips soon.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #2

Sounds like one or more of the slides maybe out of adjustment causing strain on the hydraulic pump. That's another reason each slide should be on its own in/out switch that would easily tell you which slide was hanging up causing unnecessary drag and pump kicking out momentarily. Not sure that's your issue. ????

Old 06-15-2014, 05:10 PM   #3

One of them could be out of adjustment, however it could be as simple as a bad resetting breaker. I would replace the breaker first as it is only around $5, then start looking for the other causes, such as stated earlier or a pump going bad. Also, get a little dirty and get under while operating the slides and make sure nothing is hung in the mechanism such as plastic or part of the slide plastic causing a binding which would strain the pump and pop the breaker.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #4

Ours did this as well however only when it was around freezing temps. So the fluid is a lot harder to flow causing the pump to overwork. Have you checked your lines? Maybe there is a kink somewhere causing a restriction.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:35 PM   #5

We have never had this problem before until the May long weekend of this year. The lines are up in the corner of the storage area and not close to anything that would have touched it or kinked it. The temp was never an issue before as the slides came out while holding the button the whole time with the remote or slide button. I inquired when we ordered if the slides could be on separate switches but this could only be accomplished with a couple of valves and switches installed. On our 2012 Puma 31KBH the slides were on separate switches. On long trips without the kids we only needed the master bedroom slide out as we dry humped at Walmart. Would have been nice to just put that slide out goto sleep and then take off in the morning. Will have to call dealer tomorrow as I dont know which slide could be out of adjustment.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #6

[QUOTE=cookie12;636242 On long trips without the kids we only needed the master bedroom slide out as we dry humped at Walmart. .[/QUOTE]

Not sure how that info is needed for the slide issue lol sorry had
To. As stated above I would start with the reset fuse.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #7

There has been discussions on when dry camping or dry humping it overnight at a parking lot to be able to only put out certain slides. This would help in finding the slide causing the problem if indeed that is the issue. Sorry had to clear that up as it did not come out right. Will look into the suggestions posted and will give an update.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

Not sure either, but it sounds more like the resettable breaker or a fuse with a not so great connection. If they are working smooth when they are working, I'd definitely be leaning more something on the 12v side. I'd be checking that stuff before I got too deep into it. Probably something really simple.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #9

Does the pump start to sound different right before it stops? I know when putting the slides in or out on ours the pump will run at a certain "sound" and I can tell the slides are all the way in or out as you can hear the pump working a little harder. Hard to explain, hope that made sense.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #10

I had that problem with my 2013 Sierra 365saq when I bought mine new. I put up with it for about a year then took it back for warranty work. My problem was exactly as you stated. It got so bad that it took as many as 10 cycles waiting for the clicking to stop before I would continue for a few seconds then stop for clicking. It occurred both opening and closing, hot or cold days. It was driving me crazy. Anyway, I took it back and it was fixed. It works fine now. Corrective action was: Replaced the circuit breaker but the service tech also said that the breaker was touching something. They were not clear on that part. I never saw any arcing at the switch or anything.

ezawacki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq, slide, slide out