Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #1

371 REBH seeks BFF

Fellow 371rebh owners:

I have a wiring problem in my RV that I'm working on. Started another thread recently and received many good posts with advise on troubleshooting my issue.

I've narrowed the problem down to two sources and this is where another 371rebh owner could provide me some simple, yet critically important information.

I have three dead GFCI protected outlets in the kitchen and I'm tracking down which of the two GFCI protecting receptacles feeds the kitchen outlets that don't work. Another 371rebh owner can do a simple test to steer me.

Here's the simple test.

First, plug in and turn on an electrical device (mobile phone/computer power cord or lamp) into one of the outlets near the kitchen sink (not the outlet near the stove).

Next, push the test button on the outlet near the stove.
Did you lose power to the electrical device connected to the outlet by the kitchen sink? If yes, great! I know the stove outlet is wired to protect the other kitchen GFCI outlets.

If power was not lost to the electrical device when the stove outlet was tested, then reset the outlet by the stove and go to the bathroom and push the "test" button on that outlet.
Did you lose power to the electrical device connected to the outlet by the kitchen sink? If yes, great! Now I know the bathroom outlet is wired to protect the other kitchen GFCI outlets.

I can't begin to describe the brain hemorrhage I'm experiencing while troubleshooting the wiring problem in my 371rebh. Primarily due to the complete lack of support from the FR assembly folks in Indiana. Apparently, the super secret wiring in the FR Sierra 371rebh is essential to National Security and it takes TOP SECRET clearance to obtain wiring diagrams or information from a wiring diagram. Instead, FR views a potential disconnected live wire in my camper as an insignificant fire hazard. I'm the 2nd owner of a 2015 model that is within the 1 year manufactures warranty, although the warranty is void if title is transferred within the year.

Anyways, back to the title of my post. Seeking BFF if you can share some very simple wiring information with me. I must warn you. Since this is TOP SECRET information you'll be sharing, you'll likely see a black SUV pull up to your residence soon, with several guys wearing dark suits and sunglasses. They will convince you that you really don't own a 371rebh and perhaps change your identify forever. You will most certainly be secondary security screened at every airport for the rest of your life too. On the other hand, the FR folks in Indiana may be too lazy to assist a customer that has invested in their product, supporting their business and their livelihoods, and this TOP SECRET thing is BS and I'm just getting a bit of FR's shenanigans.
Not sure which of these is true, although the BFF part is real.

Thank you in advance!
Scooterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:52 PM   #2

Looks like my BFF is the production line manager at FR. He called me and told me exactly where the wires can be found and which GFCI protecting receptacle the kitchen outlets are wired into (bathroom outlet by the way).
Scooterb is offline   Reply With Quote