Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #1

371rebh wardrobe doors

For all who own a 371rebh, I am a new owner of a '15 model. After about a month of terrible service from Camping World and a melted wire from them improperly powering they hydraulics, we have possession of the fifth wheel!

My question to you guys, how do you secure your wardrobe doors? Obviously there is a latch to secure the two doors to each other. But, I see nothing stoping them from sliding together. This has already broken both bottom guides just from the drive home. I called the dealer which offered no advice. I will be bringing it back for warranty work, and will have them fix this. It is their fault for sending me off without securing everything.

Am I missing something that should be holding these in place? Is this just how they come? Do I need to make or find a permanent fix?

Thanks in advance for your hep.
Magiccowinuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #2

Pool noodles cut to fit and placed to hold the door firmly.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #3

Thanks, I have plenty of ideas on HOW to secure them. That wasn't really the basis of my question. It is a new RV, I would assume there should be a factory way to secure them.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiccowinuse View Post
Thanks, I have plenty of ideas on HOW to secure them. That wasn't really the basis of my question. It is a new RV, I would assume there should be a factory way to secure them.
You said the magic word, "assume"! After buying 3 new campers I "assume" that I will be reengineering/fixing something as soon as I get it home. I don't think that the people that build them ever really tow them, so they don't see the aftermath inside the camper after traveling down a rough highway. In my latest camper, the factories idea of securing some sliding wardrobe doors in the bunkhouse was Velcro. Needless to say the Velcro had already released from the wall when we opened the wardrobe so it was absolutely no help. I had the dealer install those plastic snap straps and have held up nice for the last 3 years. Good Luck!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiccowinuse View Post
It is their fault for sending me off without securing everything.
First, welcome to the forum.

You are wrong here. It is your responsibility as the Captain of your ship to ensure everything is ready for departure.

Bruce
Old 11-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #6

371rebh wardrobe doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
First, welcome to the forum.

You are wrong here. It is your responsibility as the Captain of your ship to ensure everything is ready for departure.

Bruce

I believe you would be wrong here as you don't fully know the circumstances. But thanks for your two cents.

I understand things will need fixing when I got it home. Again, that wasn't the basis of my question.

You guys sure are great in answering the actual questions I have... I am not interested in your opinions. My question was directed towards 371rebh owners and what they received from the dealer in regards to the wardrobe doors.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #7
Myaamia

Picked up our 371 in April this year...been out 9 times. The doors do not move once latched together. They do not slide as a pair...there are stops that prevent each door from moving past center.
2015 Sierra 371REBH
B&W Companion 20K
Leathernek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leathernek View Post
Picked up our 371 in April this year...been out 9 times. The doors do not move once latched together. They do not slide as a pair...there are stops that prevent each door from moving past center.

Leathernek, thank you! My doors are moving as a pair. Where are these stops? All I have is the latch to pair the doors, and the 2 bottom slide guides which have been broken the off in the trip home. So I am indeed missing something that should be there. I will have to contact the dealer about getting the correct part added.

Thank you again for answering my question.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #9
Myaamia

Magiccowinuse,

I'll have to go look at the doors. Can't do that today. Will post when I can.

But I'm thinking it's something in the track centered at the top. Maybe just screw.
2015 Sierra 371REBH
B&W Companion 20K
Old 11-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #10

The "stop" is nothing more than a screw in the upper track that is not bottomed out. There is one on each side near the center. Each one stops the wheeled trolley holding the door from going past center. I made the mistake of thinking the screws were loose. After tightening them the doors moved all over when latched together.
jjvallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvallee View Post
The "stop" is nothing more than a screw in the upper track that is not bottomed out. There is one on each side near the center. Each one stops the wheeled trolley holding the door from going past center. I made the mistake of thinking the screws were loose. After tightening them the doors moved all over when latched together.

Great thank you! I will fix this tonight. The dealer would fix it, but I have a trip this week, I wanted to prevent further damage.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #12
Myaamia

Was thinking the stop is nothing more than a screw (not bottomed out). I couldn't get over to my trailer to look at it. Thanks jjvallee for follow up.
2015 Sierra 371REBH
B&W Companion 20K

Tags
door