Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2018, 11:10 PM   #1

377FLIK/Jeff couch

My wife and I have been looking at the Sandpiper line here in WA. We saw that the Sierra line is way cheaper at Jeff Couch's RV.

My question for all of you Sierra owners, now that you have owned one would you buy again. And have any of you bought from Jeff Couch?

To buy from there is about a 5000 mile round trip for us but it would save us anywhere from 15-20K

Thanks for your input.
GmanHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:29 PM   #2

Wow, that's quite a savings. We purchased a much cheaper camper than you, but still made the decision to travel to Jeff Couch in Ohio. We saved 3K, and drove about 500 miles. The pre-inspection was pretty lame, I think we had a rookie who spent about 5 minutes with us, didn't really know the camper. I suspect, they let him handle one of the cheaper units that we bought so not necessarily the case with yours. When we got home, we did find problems that should of been found at FR and at Jeff Couch that slipped by. When calling for service, I never got through after trying for several days. The problems were minor, and I fixed myself. I imagine if you are driving 5K miles, you wouldn't be returning there for service issues anyway. All said and done, yes, I would buy there again. The saving were substantial, they treated me fair. I really have no complaints. They are a high volume, low cost seller, and I didn't expect to drive back for service as that can be handled locally. I pocketed the savings and bought a Honda generator, hitch, etc.

I wouldn't have any financial concerns of sending a deposit, or not being treated fairly.
MoCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #3

We are on our second Sandpiper/Sierra fifth wheel and have had some issues but nothing major. Our next unit will be our retirement unit so looking at a Cardinal or Riverstone.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #4

We bought a Cedar Creek Champagne from Jeff Couch - Ross Hawk was our salesman. Great experience. We drove nearly 700 miles each way and saved a bunch.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #5

Don't know anything about that unit.

I had the best of experiences at Couch's. Saved way more than you are. VERY worth it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies, I feel much better about it now
GmanHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #7

We emailed Brandon Osterberger about 1,000 times for 8 months before we pulled the trigger. He answered every one, except one. That one (about tires), he had the CC factory call us and discuss it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #8

Sierra 387MKOK from Jeff Couch

We special ordered a 2018 387MKOK and picked up on 12/23. We did save about 7k compared to local TX dealers and chose to pickup to save the $1200 delivery. If you are an experienced RVer, I would recommend Jeff Couch just be prepared to fix minor items yourself. Agree with others that walk-through was lacking since tech had no specific information about our model and was just wrong with several questions like propane does auto switch to full tank, suspension does have grease fittings, OneControl does work with phone, and hitch which fit my Ford factory pucks should be tight (dangerous to have play according to B&W support so I tightened myself). Expected bedroom TV, however, was told it was deleted just before I ordered and salesman didn't tell me (supposedly factory gave me credit to purchase but not sure factory was open on Saturday). I have had some issues with RV itself but Jeff Couch warranty person has been prompt to get parts shipped to me so not highest quality built RV but hope it will be good after we replace kitchen faucet, soundbar, drawer front, and toilet paper roller.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:32 PM   #9

I bought a 377FLIK back in 2016 from Jeff Couch RV. I saved about 8 grand. I drove from Kansas to pick it up, and they even paid for our hotel room. Nice hotel, by the way.
Anyways, have had any major problems. Would buy from again.
kasedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #10

Thanks again for all your input, hope to be pulling the trigger on a unit soon, but I must confess, with the savings compared to here in WA we are actually looking at the Cardinals now.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #11

You may want to check with Holman RV also as they are in Ohio and sell Sandpiper line at wholesale pricing. I got my 2017 Sandpiper from them and couldn't be happier.
koller1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #12

Check around, I priced checked many dealers of Sandpiper/Sierra which at time i was stuck on Sandpiper not knowing Sierra was going to do the full updates. I ordered my Sandpiper from Owensboro RV in Kentucky and they have been great to work with so far and they are 3.5 hrs closer to me than Holmans which was best price I had found up until them.
shortedout96 is offline   Reply With Quote