Old 06-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
a few questions from a new person!

hello all. glad to have found this forum! we are expecting delivery of a 2013 Sierra 365 SAQ in the next week. after reading a few of the posts here, I am now concerned about not having the 2nd air conditioning unit. what/where do I go to get one? we have a seasonal campsite in Okoboji, IA and our new unit is being delivered from Ohio. saved a substantial amount of money. also...there is a bath and a half in this unit and is there somewhere to get a split sewer pipe as opposed to having to switch the sewer hose from bathroom to bathroom?? does that make sense? thought I would start here where there's experience!! We have previously owned a class C was awesome.., then bought a 2006 Outback Sydney 31 RQS. we have outgrown it. This will be our first time with a fifth wheel...really excited about gaining all of the space!! thanks in advance!!

karnavb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Site Team
to the forum!
And congrats on your new Sierra 365 SAQ too. You should love the additional space the fifth wheel has to offer. I can't answer your questions but wanted to say hello.

Take care,

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
We got our 365saq in March, spent spring break on the beach in Ft. Myers with only 1 AC unit and it did fine. Low 80's during the day and always a breeze. Spent Memorial day at Brookville Lake in IN and thought we were going to cook. Low to mid 90's. Ordered the 2nd AC unit and will install myself. You can get a "Y" adapter to connect your 2 drains to 1 sewer, that's what I did. I also only open my drain valves when they are about 2/3 full.
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
I have the sandpiper 365 saq and love it. Every post I have read about large 5th wheels said to get the extra ac. I had mine installed at the factory. I didnt want to mess with it later. The rv is a very big unit and I think will need 2 acs. I have had the unit since Feb and we havent had hot weather here is Ga so I cant speak from experience yet. i just bookes at site for July and will have to run 1 ac due to the campgound only having 30 amp. As far as the sewer goes I use 1 hose for the sewer. I have four kids and have found the tanks to be more than enough. For a 4 day trip, I only have to dump the grey/shower daily. You will love the rv.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
thank you for all of the input. just found out that it is coming this Thurs, the 14th. it is supposed to get in the mid 80's around here(SD & IA), so hopefully the humidity will stay away, that's tough to handle. I will call the dealer to see if he'll point me in the right direction as to where to purchase the 2nd a/c...I am one of those who prefer it on the cooler side anyway. I know it is pre-wired and ready to go for installation. there is a guy who comes to the campground to do repairs, etc on RV's and he may be the way to go to get it installed once I get it purchased. does anyone know if they're available locally? or is it a special order type item?? I did research and found the "Y" connector, which I can probably purchase at an RV dealership's store here in Sioux Falls. thank you again...this is a great resource. wish me luck on the maiden voyage!! haha
Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #6
They make a "Y" for the sewer hoses. We have one installed on our unit. If you are on a seasonal site you might want to consider using hard pipes to hook up your sewer. They sell adapters that will allow you to hook up to the bayonet of the Trailer to ether ABS or PVC pipes.
Attached Images
Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
excellent. I will check into that, Caper!! appreciate it.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
Welcome, can't comement on the second air but as for the Y X2 on what caper shows. Good luck and have fun.
2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Your dealer should be able to install the 2nd A/C for you before you take delivery.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Your dealer should be able to install the 2nd A/C for you before you take delivery.
^ I agree, and that way it should be covered under warranty. For the sewer hose, as long as you're on a seasonal site why not just hook it all up with 6" PVC. You should be able to get everything you need from the plumbing dept at Home Depot or Lowes.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote