Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #1

Adding 2nd a/c unit in 365saq

We are looking at a 365saq but it doesn't have the 2nd a/c unit installed.Prewired and prepped.Does the 2nd a/c in the bedroom vent into duct work or just out the unit itself?I hope its ducted to help cool the entire camper. If we get it the camper I will probably do the work of installing it myself since Im assuming its pretty straight forward because the wiring and framing is there.Does anyone know what a/c unit is already installed? Brand name.Anyone installed one themselves on this unit? Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #2

Rtazz the 2nd ac unit in the bedroom does have an outlet on the drivers side into the main duct run. The fact that it is pretty much just hacked into the side of the main run at a 90• angle doesn't help it push much air but I'm sure it's better than not having it. The other issue I don't much care for is if u do open the louvered grill to let the air blow right out of the ceiling the unit is very loud I should say air noise is very loud. The install is very straight forward on a replacement I don't know however if u have to cut a hole in the rubber roof or not for a new install that's yhe only thing that would complicate things a bit but all in all it's not a bad job. If you need pics I can get u some.

Marc

93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Keep in mind, if installing it yourself - it's heavy and awkward to get onto the roof.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab79 View Post
Rtazz the 2nd ac unit in the bedroom does have an outlet on the drivers side into the main duct run. The fact that it is pretty much just hacked into the side of the main run at a 90• angle doesn't help it push much air but I'm sure it's better than not having it. The other issue I don't much care for is if u do open the louvered grill to let the air blow right out of the ceiling the unit is very loud I should say air noise is very loud. The install is very straight forward on a replacement I don't know however if u have to cut a hole in the rubber roof or not for a new install that's yhe only thing that would complicate things a bit but all in all it's not a bad job. If you need pics I can get u some.

Marc
pictures would be great.Did you do this yourself?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #5

Rtazz as I was saying a "replacement"
79 Jeep CJ-7
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #6

Sorry about that miss fire on the send as far as replacement of an ac unit it's pretty simple there is a foam roof gasket that goes on the roof around the hole u set the new unit over it connect your wires 3 power white black and ground and the low voltage from the thermostat them on the inside put on your mounting plate against the ceiling and u tighten the four corner mounting bolts to compress the gasket. As others have stated getting the new unit up there is a bit of a challenge if your working in your driveway alone I tend to forget I have a large shop and a forklift so a lot of others will probably not have that. But others have set up scaffolding next to the camper and the local mobile Rv repair man said he leaves the ac unit in the box and uses an extension ladder extra extended for a lesser of an angle and pulls it up like a ramp. It can be done just be careful please. I will get those picks of the inside of the duct work today.
Marc
79 Jeep CJ-7
Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab79 View Post
Sorry about that miss fire on the send as far as replacement of an ac unit it's pretty simple there is a foam roof gasket that goes on the roof around the hole u set the new unit over it connect your wires 3 power white black and ground and the low voltage from the thermostat them on the inside put on your mounting plate against the ceiling and u tighten the four corner mounting bolts to compress the gasket. As others have stated getting the new unit up there is a bit of a challenge if your working in your driveway alone I tend to forget I have a large shop and a forklift so a lot of others will probably not have that. But others have set up scaffolding next to the camper and the local mobile Rv repair man said he leaves the ac unit in the box and uses an extension ladder extra extended for a lesser of an angle and pulls it up like a ramp. It can be done just be careful please. I will get those picks of the inside of the duct work today.
Marc
Doesnt sound too bad... What is the replacement unit you used? Same as the rear unit?15k? Or would 13.5 be enough?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #8

Got a duo therm 2 15k installed.Easy install.