Old 07-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #1

Another washer question

Anyone using or have used a pulsator top loader washing machine in a fifth wheel with hydraulic front landing gear? looking at replacing my new front load Equator washer which shakes my 40 ft 5ver like crazy. I took the Equator EW-324 out and set it on concrete and it still shook like jello. I am wondering if the up and down motion of the pulsator will also shake the trailer also.

Okiefatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

I can't get in or out of bed without shaking my trailer! But then, I don't have any kind of pin box support or any additional bracing on the landing gear.

Do you have a 6 point leveling system? If not, then keep in mind that the whole trailer is resting on leaf springs, the electric rear stabilizers help a great deal, but not enough to counter an agitating washer. I don't know how much you washer shakes compared to others, but you'll want to brace up the pin box if you haven't already.

Jason

Boson285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:26 PM   #3

Smile Solution

Solution for washer shake got rid of the front loader and replaced it with a Magic Chef 1.6 top loader can`t even tell it spinning. Purchased from Walmart for $208.00 and free shipping. Stay completely away from Equator brand washers & dryers. I am so happy my smile muscles hurt.
Okiefatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #4

Very nice! I'm reconsidering getting a washer/dryer unit. I relocated across the country and the laundromat prices are outrageous! I was content when I was 50 yards away from one and didn't have to give up a big chunk of closet space.

Jason
Boson285 is offline   Reply With Quote