Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #1

Aux In - No Sound

I have a Concertone RV2004D DVD/Stereo/Radio system in my RV. I want to connect a new separate DVD Player to the Concertone to get surround sound inside the RV. When I connect the Red and White Audio Out Cables from the DVD Player to the Concertone's AUX-in female connector, I get NOTHING . I verified that the DVD Player is putting out sound by connecting it directly to the TV's Audio-in, and voila...there's sound. When I put the Concertone on radio, I can listen to music all day.

I've gone over and over the wiring diagram provided in the manual and can only find one AUX input (the same input I plugged my DVD player into). Am I missing something? Has anyone had success plugging anything into the Aux-in? Someone please help me before I take the Concertone and throw it off a 50 story building!!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #2

If you get an answer I am interested in using the Aux and a RCA to Mini 3.5 to run my ipod through.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

Hello Army 5th Wheel and Greg,

I just came across this thread and thought maybe I could help. We just happened to have successfully attached our iPod to our Concertone RV2004S this past weekend. I am not an audio expert but will try to explain what we did.

The 2004S, as with the 2004D, has red and white TV/Aux-in female connectors. Basically, we used an old RCA cable with double male connectors at one end and double female connectors at the other. We attached the red TV/Aux-in to the black RCA, and the white TV/Aux-in to the red RCA. Then at the other end, we used a cable with double male RCA connectors and a single male mini at the other which was plugged into our iPod.

However, when we first turned the stereo back on and switched to Aux, there was no sound. My husband suggested turning the volume on the Concertone up from the 20 decibels we normally play it at to close to 50! We had sound!! Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #4

A post script. A good friend has told me that to make it easy, all you need is a 2 RCA females to Stereo Mini Plug
Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #5

Name:   image-1611128224.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  12.2 KB

Tags
concertone, dvd, sound, radio