Old 07-16-2014, 07:57 PM   #21

Well, no axle replacement for me! Basically told the 6k axles was just fine, or I could tow my 365 to Indiana to have them upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #22

Cajun, how much does yours weigh according to the yellow sticker on it??

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #23

12,878 on the yellow sticker wIth a GVR of 14,060. CAT scales said 13,740 with normal camping gear, no food, clothes and no water of any type. 11,700 on the rear axles.

Old 07-17-2014, 04:54 AM   #24

Your camper is in line with the rest of the ones that have had theirs changed. IF you add water and enough stuff(clothes, food, other gear) for 5 people for a week of camping, you are over weight!! I suggest now that you have weighed it unloaded, you weigh it loaded while going on a trip somewhere. You will be amazed at the weight difference! Then I would recontact them and show them the difference. They KNOW this is a problem! If they turn you down, then time to do what is prohibited from being discussed here on the forum! Your family is traveling with you I assume? That's enough for me to try it again!
In case you haven't seen this thread, I suggest you read it in its entirety. Should only take you about 30 minutes. 365saq weight ?

Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 07-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #25

when I got my camper back form dealer with new 5200lb axles the bearings were all over torqued and ran hot, the brakes were not adjusted and the front axle was not even wired. so I spent 10 hours crawling around under the thing getting right, forest river is still putting too small of axles under there products, and it takes a lot of begging and cussing and pleading to get anything form them. this was a 2014 salem rkss 27. just my .02 worth.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #26

I emailed Wayne at Forest River a very long and detailed list of my concerns. He stated that his boss said that my camper was ok, and the only offers I got was to purchase the equipment and pay for shipping somewhere to have me pay for installation, or pull my unit up there to have them "upgrade" the axles. Forest River would not ship the equipment to my local Forest River dealer for me to pay for installation! Also stated that they (Forest River) has only replaced one set of axles on a unit. My dealer told me that they stand by Forest River and basically said you should have noticed that before you bought the camper if it was such a concern.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #27

Go back up to my previous post, go to the link and print out all 53 pages of that thread and take it to them and put it on there desk and ask the dealer if they want to be part of the problem or part of a solution. My dealer knew they were the first parties to be named if it went further. They got on the ball!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #28

Axles on 365 saq

Ok, well Wayne is outright telling a lie.

Mine were replaced on their dime, which included them towing it out to Indiana.

My brothers were replaced too, on forest river dime.

Keep fighting!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #29

First real email response from Forest River:

Thank you for you picture of the FED tag. I have discussed your feelings with my supervisor regarding your feelings you would like more carrying capacity and an upgrade to 7,000 lb axles. The 6,000 lb axles are sufficient for your trailer and we did offer 7,000 lb axles as an option at the time of your purchase, However the dealer did not offer this option to you at the time and we are sorry for this. My supervisor has authorized me to offer you the opportunity for you to bring the trailer to our facilities in Goshen Indiana at your expense and we will complete the upgrade at no charge or if you wish we will sell you the needed parts at our manufacturing cost for your installation locally. The cost is $1,300.00 plus freight charges to your designation. Any installation charges would not be covered by Forest River. I hope one of these resolutions is satisfactory to you. As a courtesy to us and our records could you please get the trailer weighed on a certified scale and send me a copy of the weight certificate. Please let me know your decision. I thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #30

They built it anyway knowing it would be overweight. Somehow, magically the 7k option shows up mid year on build sheets that no one knew about. They screwed up and now want the dealers to help pay for their mistake. The rig does not meet their own standard of being able to carry a 1800 pound carrying capacity. They are wrong. They know it. Stay after them. Go through the dealer as well. It should not matter to you who pays for what as long as they get changed and the problem goes away.

Tags
365, 365 saq, axle