Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by thibodeaux5 View Post
I have a 2012 365SAQ. In the past year we had 3 blowouts. We have been dealing with Wayne and Pat since the second blowout. After reading this forum we checked our axles. We had 6000# axles. My husband and I both emailed Pat and at his request we weighed our camper. It weighed 14,900#. We sent the information to Pat and within 4 weeks we had new axles, new rims and new tires delivered to us. We went on our first camping trip in 3 months. It was a close trip (only a few miles from home). We were blowing out a tire every other trip so I am curious to see how the new axles and tires do on a longer trip. Golfmedic, thanks for all of your insight. Without this forum I wouldn't have know what to do. I waiting a long time for my 365 and hated to get rid of it but that was our next step. I thought it was going to be a hassle but went very smooth!!!! The new rims actually make the camper look sporty!!!!!!! Thanks to all!Attachment 62059

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Your setup looks JUST LIKE MINE!!! LOL

This is an excellent forum with very good people. I am glad you guys have reached or are reaching amicable solutions. This is an awesome unit and it still upsets me that more are 'recalled' due to the weight and properly outfitted, but it is what it is. Thank you for the kind words, but there are lots of people out there that can and do LOTS more here than I've done. Turn all your FR friends onto the forum here and let's go camping....happily!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #82

Good news to report. New axles are finally installed and I have brakes now at 3 V's 10 for the first time in 2 years. Took some patience (4 + months) and I have to thank Jeff at FR for working with me. We had a few issues like delivery to the wrong dealer on the other side of the country and miss matched wheel seizes but we persisted and are finished. Wow what a difference the 7 V's 6k makes in the ride. I want to thank Golf for all the time and energy he has put in this issue over the past several years and Aquaman for his advice and institutional knowledge of the system shared during our conversations.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #83

Got the call that my unit is down new suspension ready to go. 7 k dexter axles and sumac rims with westlake tires. I will be heading to the dealer to pick it up tomorrow. I am interested to see how much better the brakes work. Any ideas?? I run my brake controller at 10!
Not sure if I am keeping the westlake tires. Looks like I will be switching them to goodyear g614 when I get a chance. I haven't heard great things about the westlakes
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
Got the call that my unit is down new suspension ready to go. 7 k dexter axles and sumac rims with westlake tires. I will be heading to the dealer to pick it up tomorrow. I am interested to see how much better the brakes work. Any ideas?? I run my brake controller at 10!
Not sure if I am keeping the westlake tires. Looks like I will be switching them to goodyear g614 when I get a chance. I haven't heard great things about the westlakes
Make sure they adjust the brakes on the trailer BEFORE you leave the dealer!!! They are supposed to be done at the factory but mine were not!!!! I had trouble at first, then adjusted them myself and has made a world of difference. I forgot which truck you have, but on both of my Ford trucks, my setting is at 8 now.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #85

My brake controller is set on 9.5 but I like a lot of trailer brake. I have not adjusted mine since I got the new axles, I need to do that this weekend before we take off for the beach just so I know they are all set correctly.

Tags
365, 365 saq, axle