Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #1

Axles on 365 saq

Just wanted everyone to know I stopped at forest river factory and talked to Wayne about my concerns on the 6000# axles. He said just email my concerns to him and within hours it was approved to change them to the 7000# axles. Everyone at the plant was very helpful. So heading to goshen for new axles new week. Can't express how courtesy and professional Wayne and everyone is there. They truly want to make it right.
Jasonlevangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #2

Axles on 365 saq

I had mine changed through him as well .. But..... If they truly wanted to make it right it would've been done yrs ago.This is a money saving issue for forest river.If they have to change a few so be it.The money they saved on the thousands of others makes up for it plus.

Did you happen to ask why they choose such low rated axles in such a heavy camper with a occupancy of 11?

Im happy for you but dont be fooled that they want to make it right.Thats bedn proven wrong for as many yrs this has been going on.
Rtazz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #3

I am glad you got yours approved. I guarantee you it has gotten better since Marc and I started the axle thread a couple of years ago. I just wish you didn't have to go through it at all as they should have never put those axles under a camper that size and weight. The other thing that troubles me is that there are MANY more out there that their owners have no idea of the problem! Unless they have been to the internet and researched it, or came here, they have no idea. As has already been pointed out, probably a cost cutting method at the factory. However, as I stated in my discussion with Marc a while back, the average buyer could buy the 7k axles for a $28 price different per axle. So, not much of a cost cutting idea.
Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

That's very true. Every company will try to save a buck or two anywhere. Just worrys me at what cost a dollar saved is worth?
Old 04-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonlevangie View Post
That's very true. Every company will try to save a buck or two anywhere. Just worrys me at what cost a dollar saved is worth?
And that is EXACTLY the reason I did what I did when we started this. The reason I camp is for family. They are with me at all times in the rig and I just didn't feel safe with no wiggle room on the axle weight. Seems to me the COST would've been in regards to my family's safety. Had lots of support from this forum and the members here. Some were not so encouraging, but saw things in a slightly different view as time went on. The majority was on our side. Everything worked out fine and several have been helped along the way. If you ever need the answer to a question, the solution to a problem, this forum has it-or will get it! Congrats on your rig. The 365 is still the best floor plan on the market for those of us with kids!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #6

Monty we must have been innovators or at least in Forrest rivers eyes the first set of people that rhyme with gas holes. I think it's good that FR is stepping up to make it easier to correct the issue but how about just fixing the issue all together and putting out a service bulletin to owners. This would help those who aren't as technically savvy and don't even know they are at risk. Now that would same a lot about FR if they did that but I'm sure their legal department would have none of that since that would be admitting a fault and that's unfortunate. Like you always say Monty it's still the best bunkhouse floor plan out there. Good luck to all you other 365SAQ owners and I hope after this long winter we can all have a great and safe 2014 camping season.
Monty hope you and your family are doing well.
Marc
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab79 View Post
Monty we must have been innovators or at least in Forrest rivers eyes the first set of people that rhyme with gas holes. I think it's good that FR is stepping up to make it easier to correct the issue but how about just fixing the issue all together and putting out a service bulletin to owners. This would help those who aren't as technically savvy and don't even know they are at risk. Now that would same a lot about FR if they did that but I'm sure their legal department would have none of that since that would be admitting a fault and that's unfortunate. Like you always say Monty it's still the best bunkhouse floor plan out there. Good luck to all you other 365SAQ owners and I hope after this long winter we can all have a great and safe 2014 camping season.
Monty hope you and your family are doing well.
Marc
Oh my Marc..that was funny!!! "gas holes"!! We are doing well and wish the same for you. I too wish a recall had been done, but like you say, "legal department"! But you know, that very department a lot of times is the very reason they get into trouble in the first place!
Monty
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #8

Your right Supercab and golf,The department they think will save them many times sinks them. In legal , common sense is the looser. My issue has been the brakes. Have given the dealer more than enough time to fix the "not being able to stop problem " FR is now shipping new 7k axels to the repair shop closest to me. My rep couldn't have been nicer and willing to help me. Shame my dealer wasn't more forthcoming with information and further assistance. Techs kept saying it was my tow vehicle until they hooked up to their truck and barely stopped it. There will be some cost to me, but it would cost me 700+ in fuel to take it to Goshen so I don't mind . But it's not just the weight. The brakes are larger to stop that weight. Time will tell if it is the answer to my problem.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #9

We'll dropped off the trailer for the new axles and some small warranty items. Should be ready next week can't wait to see how it pulls
Old 04-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #10

I talked to Wayne 2 weeks ago about my axles. He said if I emailed him the rv info he would ask his boss if they could change them out if i took the rv to the factory. I have about 1100Lbs according to my sticker to carry cargo. What should I say to them to get them to change the axles out? What about having them changed at a dealer around my house? I also notice that can be hard to stop even with the brake control set at its max.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #11

All I said was that there was premature wear on the tires due to the trailer being at the max gross wait. Also talked about the very small margin of safety with the smaller axles. Then said I would feel more comfortable with the bigger axles. Just talk about safety and you will be approved.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #12
Hmm

What is Wayne's email or the email address where I can send in my request for the bigger axels. And also express my concerns
jmm56442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #13

wbigler@ forestriverinc.com good luck he is very nice and will get you want you want. I just picked mine up today had about 15 things on my list as well as the axles. They did everything and then some great people in the shop.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #14

I have a 2014 Sierra 365 saq with the 6k axles, contacted Forest River this morning, no response yet. Talked to my dealer yesterday and they thought I was crazy about my axles and weight concerns and told me to contact Forest River. Just saw Wayne's email address, and will email him today!
Cajun Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #15

Emailed Wayne and Jeff this morning with my concerns, now playing the waiting game for a return email.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #16

Had my axles replaced last summer by FR no questions asked, no cost to me.
tromler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #17

Still waiting on a reply email from Forest River, hope it's soon. If not, going back to dealer Saturday!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #18

Received a reply email late Friday afternoon asking for a picture of my weight sticker, fingers crossed for good news soon!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #19

Someone who has had the axles replaced, please pm me.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Moon View Post
Someone who has had the axles replaced, please pm me.
PM sent.

Tags
365, 365 saq, axle