Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #1

Duro tires

Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with the Duro tired that came on the unit? We have the 2010 Sierra Treehouse and have had aNightmare with the tires..
Can't wait to hear from others.
Kathy and Bubba in Louisiana
KathyinLouisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

First welcome to the forum.

18,000 miles on our ST225/75 15 LR C Duro's. They look they I believe they should after that many miles. This last trip we just came back from was our 4th year on them. They will get replaced next spring prior to camping season as they will be the magic 5 years old. FWIW I have a TST tire monitor system and these tires do not even lose a lb of air over the winter, I do have tire covers I put on them when the trailer sits for any amt of time and they have been balanced as well.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #3

They are Chinese made tires, but both of my Coleman/Fleetwood pop ups had them on there, and I never changed them or had any problems with them. Be sure to keep them properly inflated, and watch out for dry rot cracks.
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #4

We have had issues with 4 tires! A few developed a "blister" huge I may add, always on our way starting out on 10 day trips. We contacted the dealer with the first one and he covered the cost to replace it. Then another blister-- we had a tire dealership prorate it... Would you believe last week , on our way going ..we had a blowout and it only left the hmmm 3 inches if tire that looked like speghetti... I do have a pic. Unbelievably it did no damage at all to our unit other than one screw backed put on the tire flare! If that wasnt enough, on the way home we had another flat.. That was weird , had a blister and went flat but tire still together.
The last one I can't remember the spefics. Duro was contacted since so many were developing problems, by the tire dealership and they were told they will not replace them until they went bad. We had purchased 2 Duro tires trying to keep a matching set, so as of now we have replaced 4 of 6.
It's boggling to us that so many are developing problems. I must say we feel blessed 4 tires bad and no damage to the camper.
Any ideas from anyone?
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyinLouisiana View Post
We have had issues with 4 tires!...Any ideas from anyone? Thanks!
I think from what you have written, it should be a fair indication to get rid of them and get a set of Good Year Marathons or Maxxis with a higher load rating.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #6

Got five years out of the last Duro set I had (14" bias ply). Replaced due to side wall cracking. Had many issues out of the Good Year's on this and the last trailer. Could not find Duro's for this last replacement, but went with another bias ply brand. Sounds like you need a higher load rated tire. Good Luck.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #7

Thank you all much for your ideas and suggestions. It really helps a lot!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #8

I had duros and the best day was when I got rid of them. They were bias and didn't hold up good at all. good luck
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #9

Duro Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyinLouisiana View Post
Hi,

Has anyone had any problems with the Duro tired that came on the unit? We have the 2010 Sierra Treehouse and have had aNightmare with the tires..
Can't wait to hear from others.
Kathy and Bubba in Louisiana
What did you do about your Duro tires? We have Duro tires on our fifthwheel and every tire had developed a tennis ball sized bubble at the point where the tread and sidewall meets. Looking for replacement tires that are not manufactured in China.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #10

Hey,Duro tires are not getting a fair shake here. They are the Perfect tires for seasonal units,kids tree swings,bumpers for boat docks,wall protectors at race tracks,they even look good on units at the RV shows, with Armorall on them just Don't use them on the Roadways! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #11

We bought our 2010 Sandpiper 345RET back in July and drug it home from Tampa Fla to Raleigh NC. Just prior to me buying it, the owner replaced one of the Duros because it got a "knot" on it where the tread met the sidewall. We made it home with no issues. Then our on first trip to the Outer Banks, an hour out headed home we stopped for lunch and I found a "knot" on the new tire in the same place. We got it home and it has set in the shed since. I'll be buying a new set of GY, Maxxis or Power King tow masters in the next few weeks before the season starts.

HOWEVER, I have to be fair to Duro, the original owner and I both pulled the FW with 2011 2500HD duramaxes and had too much weight on the rear axle and the failed tires were on the back axle. I have since lowered my hitch to level the FW out. So the issue may have well been too much weight on the rear tires. But I promise you, no matter what, I'll have a new set of tires before warm weather gets here in NC.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #12

I had great service over tens of thousands of miles out of my first set, they worked well enough I replaced them with Duro radials with a higher load rating and I traded them in just today.

I'll concede, I could have gotten lucky twice.

Good luck with it!
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote