Old 10-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #1

Friction Hinges

Anyone ever have an issue with the Friction Hinges on the entry door. My hinges were so tight that they actually split the side of my entry door and bent the frame. Just another one of the many issues with my 2015 376BHOK.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSEYFRIED View Post
Anyone ever have an issue with the Friction Hinges on the entry door. My hinges were so tight that they actually split the side of my entry door and bent the frame. Just another one of the many issues with my 2015 376BHOK.

OMG you're kidding!! What other issues have you had? We are considering this brand in the 378fb.

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4

Old 11-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #3

Ours are so stiff that I have to climb the steps and pull it open,then go down the steps and open it enough to get in.Opening it from the inside is even worse.I have to push it open, then push again as I go down the steps.Then closeing it completely requires that I climb the steps and push as I go.I am handicapped and have very limited strength in my arms/shoulders so this is a big deal for me.When the trailer goes to Goshen in Feb for a rebuild,I am going to see if they will take it offand put adoor on that I can work.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #4

Ours work perfect. Only complaint is they don't hold as good as they say in strong wind.

I'm considering installing a door latch to hold it open but don't really want to drill the gel coat!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Ours are so stiff that I have to climb the steps and pull it open,then go down the steps and open it enough to get in.Opening it from the inside is even worse.I have to push it open, then push again as I go down the steps.Then closeing it completely requires that I climb the steps and push as I go.I am handicapped and have very limited strength in my arms/shoulders so this is a big deal for me.When the trailer goes to Goshen in Feb for a rebuild,I am going to see if they will take it offand put adoor on that I can work.

What is wrong that you need a rebuild? What kind of rig do you have?

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 11-09-2015, 09:19 PM   #6

Its a long list but to make it simple,some reinforcement parts were left out of the rrof frameing,so , new roof.Pass side wall bulgeing inward. Slide opening is not square,so, new wall? Nose cap decals peeling and paint checking, so,new nose cap?? Floor has soft spot directly in front of kitchen and squeeks when stepped on. Cabinet frames are opening up at joints leaving a crack and white wood showing. Pinbox is not square to frame,4.1 degrees to the left and very noticeable when looking at the trailer front on. Other than that its great!