Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #1

hydraulic front jack issue

I bought a new 2013 Sierra 365SAQ. One issue I have is the front hydraulic landing gear. I am unable to level the front evenly. There is only one control for the jacks and I am unable to level both sides independently. Subsequently the right side sits higher than the left. The unit is level at the wheels.
hudak12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #2

Hi

I have found once you level the unit side to side via leveling blocks and drop the landing gear the unit will be within an acceptable level range, however, putting the slides out and adding all that extra cantilevered weight on the 3 slide side causes that side to drop some on the landing gear. I compensate for that when using the leveling blocks. Otherwise I'll purposely have it a bit unlevel toward the door side and when the slides go out it corrects. If you consider the weight of those 3 slides, the length of the frame and the fact that the big slide is right over the suspension I think there has got to be some flex in the frame and movement in the suspension when the slides go out. Anyone have any input on that?
If yours is way out of level after being sufficiently level side to side before the landing gear goes down maybe there is a problem with the hydraulics. I have marked the landing leg with a sharpie and know it goes down a little when the slides go out but you say that side is your high side, correct?
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic