Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
Lots of owners could not care 1 about how to fix their unit, and the factory knows this. So why should they put that info out their?? Along comes another new young not mechanically inclined owner and FR sells another trailer. IMO they are out for the dollar as the web site,manual, and other stuff was talked about reflects that by what we received
Eventually, the word about poor (or at least minimal) customer service will get out and that prospective buyer will go elsewhere. I love the trailer, but I want simple customer support. Right now, that does not appear to exist from this manufacturer. That doesn't build brand/manufacturer loyalty or good word-of-mouth advertising. A 1.6 billion dollar company should be able to figure this out before it becomes a 1.0 billion dollar company. The biggest problem to me is that this only appears to be some of the brands within FR, not all of them. That means they know how to do it, but don't necessarily do it.

On the bright side when I did get in touch with them, I got a relatively quick and accurate response.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #22
NELA

Hmmm, we did get a list (both the V-Lite and the 5er) of all the appliances, etc. List included make, model, s/n. It appears the list was compiled by the workers as the unit moves down the line. (hand written)

Guess that's better than just the thick vinyl velcro closure case full of brochures and pieces of cardboard torn off the packaging of those items, which we also got.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
On the bright side when I did get in touch with them, I got a relatively quick and accurate response.
When I have actually had contact with a person the answers I have received were quick and accurate. I have even been sent parts quickly so I could repair a problem myself. The issue I have is it takes too long to get any type of response from Palomino even when escalated. It is even more frustrating when it is information that should be readily available. I can go to my cars owners manual to find out all sorts of technical information. For stuff that isn't there I can frequently find it on company websites or via their customer service numbers. As a last resort I can obtain a factory service manual. Why should I expect any less for my RV?
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Hmmm, we did get a list (both the V-Lite and the 5er) of all the appliances, etc. List included make, model, s/n. It appears the list was compiled by the workers as the unit moves down the line. (hand written)

Guess that's better than just the thick vinyl velcro closure case full of brochures and pieces of cardboard torn off the packaging of those items, which we also got.

We got the same list at our PDI - and have had awesome prompt within 8 hours response on two minor questions to Prime Time - their customer service has been outstanding!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #25
Citrus County, Fl.

X3 on the hand written list of model/serial numbers. We discovered it in a drawer next to the stove. PDI by dealer was marginal.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #26
NELA

Both our RVs have been/are Flagstaff.

Between Flagstaff and our dealer, Sneak and I have absolutely NO complaints.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post

With our Palomini all we received was a large manila envelope filled with brochures and appliance manuals. I guess that shows a difference between the various divisions.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #28
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
X3 on the hand written list of model/serial numbers. We discovered it in a drawer next to the stove. PDI by dealer was marginal.

Ours was in the vinyl Velcro closure bag with all the brochures. Our PDI showed it to us.

vinyl=p-leather? (shrug) HIIK It *does* match the color of our Lazy boy recliners.

The vinyl bag was in one of the storage areas under our dining table chairs...neat idea to make those seats flip up so documents, decks of cards, maps of RV parks, etc. can be stored there.

Tags
forest river