Old 07-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #1

I wish: Forest River

I wish Forest Rivers web site had a lot more info. Wouldn't it be a great world if you could go to the FR site and like (GM, Ford, Dodge etc) Build your own with or without the options you want like add ons, colors etc. Get the current specials like the Fall Bonus Pkg , Sierra Signature Pkg pick and choose. Then print that sheet off and take it to your local dealer and order & negotiate the price. I really like FR's product. Just wish there was so much more specific info on each model. Anyways just my thoughts

Old 07-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #2

Yeah the site is terrible even for pictures. I goto The Original RV Wholesalers - RV Sales, RV Parts, RV Dealer, RV Super Store Dealer, 5th Wheel, Forest River to see better pictures.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #3
Plain Old Member

Kind of like Jayco's "build and price" on their website. Would be nice. Excel has the same thing. Actually several manufacturers do now that I think about it.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #4

I am new here, but the company's poor website was my first problem and led to more questions than answers. I am used to forums for support, but at least on my truck forum the manufacturer has a presence and helps when needed. I would love to see FR do the same (and maybe they do I just don't know it yet).
Old 07-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #5

Forest River has a few reps here, Wildcat Chris is one, there's a Sierra rep.

I was disappointed by the FR site myself, luckily I found my unit to be exactly what I was looking for. I still spent a lot of time surfing other sales sites looking for photos, reviews, etc.

Instead of a better site, I'd pay real money for a better owners manual instead of the less than generic one. Yeah, I got all the individual manuals, but an overview one would be great.

Still love my unit though, I just go and sit in it some days.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #6

Ditto on the better owners manual. So much of it is generic to too many other models, and a real bad copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

Also a small issue but when I went through the pile of stuff for the first time there were many warranty cards and a handful or small pieces of cardboard boxes with model and serial numbers on them. It was nice that the techs saved these when they installed the TVs, microwave, air conditioner, etc, BUT it took me long time to figure out what each one was.
I finally had to get a nephew with better vision to stand on a stool with a light and a mirror to get the serial number off the air conditioner, after I took off the inside cover.
EASY FIX: mark the little cardboard pieces with the name of the unit it goes with, and write down the AC serial number before installing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #7
Plain Old Member

On SOB's, they put a nice wall placard in the closet. It lists all of the units info, and I mean everything. Make, model, vin, every single component installed, it's model model and info, contact numbers for each one etc etc. That along with the better owners manual would be nice. Oh, that SOB also included a package of every electrical, hydraulic and plumbing diagrams. Why, because everybody wants them. That SOB actually listened to their customers.

Sent by ME
Old 07-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #8

I guess that is one thing the original dealer took care of well. There was a list of every appliance brand, model number and serial number in the documents I received.

A better manual and the diagrams would have been amazing.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #9
Plain Old Member

Actually manufacturer did.

Sent by ME
Old 07-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #10
Jack of All Trades

I second or third the diagrams argument. I want an electrical diagram and plumbing diagram for my trailer. I even called Coachmen and asked them for them. I got a floor plan with circles where all the outlets are. What? Are you kiddin' me? I was expecting a diagram that shows exactly what is connected to what so that I can trouble shoot when I need to. Judging from what I've seen so far on this brand new trailer....I'll be doing this I'm sure.

Tags
forest river