Old 05-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #11
Our 2-slide TT has (4) skylights plus the dinette A/C opening. Therefore I decided to install (2) Black MaxxAir Deluxe Fans so that they can work in push/pull fashion to move air throughout the TT. One MaxxAir was installed in the rear kids' slide-out bunkroom and the other in front of the dinette A/C. I reserved the master bedroom skylight for a future 2nd A/C upgrade. And, I didn't change-out the bathroom skylight or flimsy exhaust fan as I do not want to suck-up sewer smell or push it into the rest of the TT... Plus, having a skylight in the bathroom provides more light...

Typically I setup the dinette MaxxAir to pull-in air at a speed higher than kids' rear bedroom fan. This way the cool air is not blowing directly down on them... I also vent the bathroom skylight & master bedroom skylight so the extra pressure travels up & out those 2 locations. This means no sewer smells are sucked-up by a bathroom exhaust fan & we also get cool air flowing through the master bedroom without a noisy fan overhead...

The first skylight took 2X as long because I used a heat gun on very low settings to (carefully) removed the old Dicor to get to each screw & then the underlying butyl tape. For the 2nd skylight I knew where the screws were, so I just pushed through the Dicor with the cordless drill's Philips head while heating the underlying Butyl. Once all of the screws were removed it popped right off without damaging the roof. Very little Butyl tape remained but I wiped the rest off with either Isopropyl Alcohol or Acetone - can't remember which - but the one I used did not hurt the roofing...

In both locations I found 12V wiring to nearby lights within reach. There wasn't much slack in the wiring, so I had to make my splices by reaching into the small space between the roof & the ceiling. This was a bit tedious but I had just enough space to work... I used the right wire nuts for the number & size of wires spliced (follow color-coded chart on side of wire nut packaging...) I then secured the wire nuts with electrical tape. I also TESTED the wiring to make certain the manufacturer used white for positive leads & black for negative at both locations - you never know, so always double check... I also checked that I had 12V even when the lights were off...

Earlier I had swapped-out all lights to LEDs so adding the MaxxAir fans cannot overtax the same circuit... The remotes control both fans but require line-of-sight to work. Therefore I simply mounted the remote holders to wall locations that can only control the nearest fan.

On hot days I let them run while going down the road so our TT & fridge aren't 110 degrees when we arrive at the CG. Unlike leaving windows cracked, rain cannot get in while traveling... Also, they serve as A/C backup for our dog. After a tiring run we will let the dog nap under the A/C while we go out for a couple hours. In case the 110V A/C fails I setup the 12V fans so that they will automatically turn-on at just under 80 degrees. The fans ensure that the inside temps do not rise above outside temps so the dog will be fine...

We've had the (2) MaxxAir fan setup for (2) seasons without any issues or leaks.

2011 RAM 2500 ST Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
2011 Primetime 3150BHD Touring Edition
Days camped in 2016-36
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #12
I installed that same fan in the kitchen area of our 365. Before I started the project I pulled the trim off the inside of the existing vent and looked around for wires. I found several to chose from and used my multimeter to figure out what wires were constant 12v and which were switched 12v.

2011 Ford F-450 4x4 Lariat
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #13

Rdsmith281 is offline   Reply With Quote

500, fan