Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

Interested in the 379FLOK

I am looking to upgrade to a 2019 379FLOK. Can anyone with this model give me their opinions, pros & cons with this unit?
I currently have a 2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280WS.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
woodyrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #2

Anyone out there that can help me out? LOL
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
Old 06-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #3

We love ours. Its a Sandpiper but the same all in all. We had an issue with the front slide moving away from the camper when fully closed because the factory missed the stud when screwing it in. It was an easy fix. The cabinets in the bedroom on the outdoor kitchen side will sweat in the summer if you don't leave a small gap for them to get air. We just added some felt drawer stops and it fixed that.

I love how big it is. I'm 6' 4" and this is the first camper we have owned that I could take a shower in comfortably. It pulls great but I did decide to upgrade to a DRW and it handles it much better than my 3/4 ton SRW.

We added the Andersen Buckets for each of the jack pads to lessen the stroke and it made it very stable. I cant feel when anyone is walking around while I'm in the bedroom. Its a great fifth wheel and I've had very few issues with mine.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #4

Thank you Ramit, I love hearing that. I will be pulling it with my 3500 DRW. I just need to sell what I have now and when I do we are going to get the 379flok. The only issue I have heard about this unit was regarding the A/C not cooling it down enough and people adding a third unit. Sounds crazy to me but then again living in the Northeast and camping where I do is my reasoning for that. Thank you again for responding. Oh one question, how does condensation build up in the cabinets? Is it caused by the outside fridge?
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
Old 06-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #5

279FLOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramit315 View Post
We love ours. Its a Sandpiper but the same all in all. We had an issue with the front slide moving away from the camper when fully closed because the factory missed the stud when screwing it in. It was an easy fix. The cabinets in the bedroom on the outdoor kitchen side will sweat in the summer if you don't leave a small gap for them to get air. We just added some felt drawer stops and it fixed that.

I love how big it is. I'm 6' 4" and this is the first camper we have owned that I could take a shower in comfortably. It pulls great but I did decide to upgrade to a DRW and it handles it much better than my 3/4 ton SRW.

We added the Andersen Buckets for each of the jack pads to lessen the stroke and it made it very stable. I cant feel when anyone is walking around while I'm in the bedroom. Its a great fifth wheel and I've had very few issues with mine.
What are Anderson Buckets..any pics. We also have the Sandpiper 379 FLOK and love it. We pull ours with a GMC Sierra HD and get reasonable gas miles and no problems.
Bwturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:58 PM   #6

We have a 2017Sandpiper 379FLOK and love it. Love the space and the front living area. My biggest complaint is the kitchen sink being in the island and that’s strictly my preference. We’ve camped for a week with our 4 grandsons and had plenty of room and no issues. We did have a major blowout and damage from a China bomb tire..if you haven’t bought yet, insist that the tires be changed to Goodyear Endurance! Be sure to have a start-up and shut-down checklist. Don’t leave any bedroom or kitchen doors open (been there!). We use little bungees to secure all doors before closing up. I would like a Moryde kingpin with a shock absorber (the thing that hooks the trailer to the 5th wheel) and Moryde steps. If auto levelers are an option, get them! Be sure it is wired for a back-up camera and that it is included. A rear observation system would also be nice. Other than those wish-list items, we love ours. It has plenty of features without being as pricey as higher end Cardinals. We have the outdoor kitchen and love it. Be sure that the hoses for the propane are included and are at least 10-12 ft. We use a propane stove and the longer hoses are needed to get far enough from the RV when cooking. Outside storage could be better, but i’d Just fill it up if I had it. We have a great dealer and that has made a difference..Hanner RV in Baird, TX.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyrock1 View Post
Thank you Ramit, I love hearing that. I will be pulling it with my 3500 DRW. I just need to sell what I have now and when I do we are going to get the 379flok. The only issue I have heard about this unit was regarding the A/C not cooling it down enough and people adding a third unit. Sounds crazy to me but then again living in the Northeast and camping where I do is my reasoning for that. Thank you again for responding. Oh one question, how does condensation build up in the cabinets? Is it caused by the outside fridge?
We live in SE Texas and don't have any problems with the two AC's keeping it nice even when temps push the upper 90's. The issue with the condensation builds up do to there not being much insulation between the wall of the outdoor kitchen and the inside of the cabinets. Inside the cabinets gets really warm unless you leave a small gap to let some air get in there. This is the only place we have had this issue and like I said it didn't take much to fix it.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwturn View Post
What are Anderson Buckets..any pics. We also have the Sandpiper 379 FLOK and love it. We pull ours with a GMC Sierra HD and get reasonable gas miles and no problems.
I don't have any pictures of mine but here is the link for them on Andersen's website. They now come with magnets so you can attach them while the pads are in the air so you can auto level. I don't have any relationship with Andersen except being a customer but these have really helped the shake in our fifth wheel.

https://andersenhitches.com/Products...ack-block.aspx
Old 06-10-2018, 12:30 AM   #9

Thanks..never se n those
BonnieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:22 AM   #10

Quote:
We have a 2017Sandpiper 379FLOK and love it. Love the space and the front living area. My biggest complaint is the kitchen sink being in the island and that’s strictly my preference. We’ve camped for a week with our 4 grandsons and had plenty of room and no issues. We did have a major blowout and damage from a China bomb tire..if you haven’t bought yet, insist that the tires be changed to Goodyear Endurance! Be sure to have a start-up and shut-down checklist. Don’t leave any bedroom or kitchen doors open (been there!). We use little bungees to secure all doors before closing up. I would like a Moryde kingpin with a shock absorber (the thing that hooks the trailer to the 5th wheel) and Moryde steps. If auto levelers are an option, get them! Be sure it is wired for a back-up camera and that it is included. A rear observation system would also be nice. Other than those wish-list items, we love ours. It has plenty of features without being as pricey as higher end Cardinals. We have the outdoor kitchen and love it. Be sure that the hoses for the propane are included and are at least 10-12 ft. We use a propane stove and the longer hoses are needed to get far enough from the RV when cooking. Outside storage could be better, but i’d Just fill it up if I had it. We have a great dealer and that has made a difference..Hanner RV in Baird, TX.
What brand tires did you have on your 379 FLOK? We have West Lake and so far so good. We are using the TST 507 on our camper and do a good inspection on them before during and after travel. We plan on getting new ones at the end of the season. How bad was the damage to you fifth wheel?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #11

We had Westlake also..cost $8000 with RV in shop for 4 months for repairs! If we had it to Do over, we would have heeded our instinct to change them out!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #12

Quote:
We had Westlake also..cost $8000 with RV in shop for 4 months for repairs! If we had it to Do over, we would have heeded our instinct to change them out!
Wow! That's not good at all. Makes me think about changing mine out now. What did you replace yours with?
Old 06-11-2018, 12:25 AM   #13

Goodyear Endurance..much smoother pulling! We are on a 6 week haul through the southwest and Northwest now..have had the tires for 8 months and absolutely no problems..I’m fanatical about checking the tire pressure every day—keep it at 80 psi. We had the China bombs less than 6 months. Take my advice..avoid a mishap and bite the bullet now rather than later!
Old 06-11-2018, 01:01 AM   #14

Thanks for the good advice and enjoy your vacation.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:25 AM   #15

Thank you all. We haven't purchased one as of yet but more than likely will within the next year. I would upgrade tires right out of the door and planned on a observation camera. I will go through everything with a fine toothed comb during the PDI and will try not to let the excitement interfere with anything.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
Old 06-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyrock1 View Post
Thank you all. We haven't purchased one as of yet but more than likely will within the next year. I would upgrade tires right out of the door and planned on a observation camera. I will go through everything with a fine toothed comb during the PDI and will try not to let the excitement interfere with anything.
No problem and good luck! If you have anymore question about this model let me know
Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 AM   #17

When traveling can you get into bedroom without opening slide? And do you have access to fridge with slides closed?
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
Old 06-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #18

No, you can’t get into bedrooms or refrigerator. You can access bathroom from the back door.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #19

Thank you.
TST 507 TPMS
2017 = 30 nights /
2018 = 7 nights
Old 06-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #20

Factually I wasn’t wrong..you can access the fridge with the slides in.