Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2015, 08:42 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Turbs, This is my spare mounted between the landing gear. The tire extends out front and the JT Strong arms won't clear it.

ps tilt you head to the left.
I have the spare located exactly as yours in addition with a undercarriage sliding drawer unit about 33" back from the landing gear. Did you ever mount the JT Strongarm stabilizers on your unit? How did you determine the location for mounting? Pictures? Where did you relocate the spare at/to?
__________________

__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:54 AM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
I have the spare located exactly as yours in addition with a undercarriage sliding drawer unit about 33" back from the landing gear. Did you ever mount the JT Strongarm stabilizers on your unit? How did you determine the location for mounting? Pictures? Where did you relocate the spare at/to?
I moved my winch back so the front hole of the winch is now where the back hole is. But in order to do this I added a 6" X18" plate to mount the winch onto it. The new location had nothing to mount it on. Look at my signature to find my pics to my mount.
__________________

__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
Ok. For all that have mounted these. The distance in between my front landing gear is 72 1/2" When positioning the brackets for the front two bars between them, do I split the difference and mint them in the middle at 36 1/4 or do I measure over 30" from each one. I am assuming that the front side bars are to be the same distance as the two in the front. Does anyone know? I called Lippert the manufacturing company and couldn't get an adequate answer. Any comments would be appreciated.
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,623
As far as I know they are centered. both front and rear. At least mine were. Unless you go from back to front on the rear which I think is better. But they installed mine both to the center front and back. Per instructions.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:15 PM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,481
The front arms will meet in the center with the two hole plate. I suggest the other arms go forward or to the rear at 30". Otherwise you need a cross member installed to attach the rear arms to the center.
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:27 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
The front arms will meet in the center with the two hole plate. I suggest the other arms go forward or to the rear at 30". Otherwise you need a cross member installed to attach the rear arms to the center.
Even with the distance being greater than 72" ? I have seen the two in the back go both ways. I've read the instructions and they mentioned splitting it if it were 58" and they also mentioned as close to 30" as possible. That's what confused me.
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
Even with the distance being greater than 72" ? I have seen the two in the back go both ways. I've read the instructions and they mentioned splitting it if it were 58" and they also mentioned as close to 30" as possible. That's what confused me.
There are different sets of arms made for different landing gear widths. Were the instructions generic?
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
They are the instructions that Lippert sent to me via an email
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #49
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
elind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Upper Penisula Michigan / Arizona
Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
They are the instructions that Lippert sent to me via an email
Are all the arms the same length or are the front ones different lengths? Will they extend enough to reach the center.
__________________
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:40 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
Are all the arms the same length or are the front ones different lengths? Will they extend enough to reach the center.
Yes, same length. Should be long enough to reach the center. I will go with what you suggested. You've done it and it works. Thanks for your help.
__________________

__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.