Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #1

Wink Kitchen Sink handle

Our 2012 Sierra 323FK has a single handle brushed antique bronze looking faucet on the kitchen sink.
The handle has a small bar-like handle on it that the decorative nut that holds it on has been lost.
Anyone know who the manufacturer is in this faucet and/or where i can find a replacement? Thanks!
Sierra323fk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra323fk
Our 2012 Sierra 323FK has a single handle brushed antique bronze looking faucet on the kitchen sink.
The handle has a small bar-like handle on it that the decorative nut that holds it on has been lost.
Anyone know who the manufacturer is in this faucet and/or where i can find a replacement? Thanks!
When I had problems with our sink faucets I just ripped it out and bought a nice Peerless kitchen faucet.

Fit right in, was less than 100 bucks all in and is head and shoulders above the quality of the OEM unit.

Plus, replacement parts are as close and easy as the corner hardware store.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #3

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste Maker View Post
This is a 2012 Sierra 323FK & should be under warranty? Let the people at Forest River repair it on their dime...why should you have to fix their low quality product?
This little decorative nut has been lost somewhere along the way-I have no idea where, there has not been the first drop of water run through the faucet, so its still new.

I am sorry you have had all the problems with YOUR 323FK, again it sounds like most of it is cosmetic and certainly shouldn't have been let out of the factory like it was nor should the dealer have missed all the things you spoke about during their checkover......this all said you are understandibly bitter about your purchase but not all of us are.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 AM   #4

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
When I had problems with our sink faucets I just ripped it out and bought a nice Peerless kitchen faucet.

Fit right in, was less than 100 bucks all in and is head and shoulders above the quality of the OEM unit.

Plus, replacement parts are as close and easy as the corner hardware store.

Our unit is brand new, never had the first drop of water through it, I JUST need the little decorative nut that holds the thin handle on thats all!! Geeesh!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #5

Just contract your dealer. I'm sure they'd be happy to get you a nut. If you are nice, they might just take one off a trailer in stock and send you on your merry way.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra323fk View Post
Our unit is brand new, never had the first drop of water through it, I JUST need the little decorative nut that holds the thin handle on thats all!! Geeesh!
Then it's a WARRANTY issue.

Just go back to the DEALER and have them order one.

Geesh!

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #7

So.....I'm going to have to hire 007 James Bond, or may be Barnaby Jones, Frank Cannon, Joe Mannix to find out who the manufacturer of the darn faucet is I guess.

We have had the trailer here for nearly 8 months in our posetion brought by me from Ohio to Florida, I cannot believe that no one knows the manufacturer of these faucets....I don't expect the selling dealer to just remove one from a unit on the lot, thats not fair to them at this point.

I have called the Sierra division and they said to call the dealer which I did 2 days ago and have heard nothing back.......

Just want to know the manufacturer of the faucet so I can contact them for a replacement nut for MY faucet.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

[QUOTE=Sierra323fk;260047]...I don't expect the selling dealer to just remove one from a unit on the lot, thats not fair to them at this point.../QUOTE]

It's not fair to the dealer, but it's fair to you to have a defective unit? Who sold the defective unit? The dealer should have fixed it when it was on his lot. Would not feel sorry for him, he caused the problem for you. Let him deal with FR.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
So.....I'm going to have to hire 007 James Bond, or may be Barnaby Jones, Frank Cannon, Joe Mannix to find out who the manufacturer of the darn faucet is I guess.

We have had the trailer here for nearly 8 months in our posetion brought by me from Ohio to Florida, I cannot believe that no one knows the manufacturer of these faucets....I don't expect the selling dealer to just remove one from a unit on the lot, thats not fair to them at this point.

I have called the Sierra division and they said to call the dealer which I did 2 days ago and have heard nothing back.......

Just want to know the manufacturer of the faucet so I can contact them for a replacement nut for MY faucet.
If you don't mind me asking, who was your dealer in OH? I also lost the nut to my kitchen faucet. I know that I'll have to pull the faucet to find out manufacturer, and at this point, I'm not that concerned. I haven't asked yet, but I'm sure my dealer will send me a replacement.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #10

COUCH'S RV NATION uin Hamilton, Ohio.

12/30/12 STILL no nut, between Couch's & Forest River these folks are completely useless, and they are now trying to sell us an extended warranty!! (Geesh again!!)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
COUCH'S RV NATION uin Hamilton, Ohio.

12/30/12 STILL no nut, between Couch's & Forest River these folks are completely useless, and they are now trying to sell us an extended warranty!! (Geesh again!!)
IMO, Couch's focus is on pushing volume sales and not long term customer satisfaction/repeat business, that's why you can't find help with something as simple as a faucet nut!
( I know from experience...bought a TT from them ONCE)
Good Luck!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #12

Try searching for Phoenix faucets on the web. To the best of my recollection, they manufacture rv faucets.
NastySplinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Just remove the old plastic (no good) faucet and get a new 'quality' one @ Lowes or HD. Not worth getting mad or upset at FR or your dealer, life's too short to let minor things irritate you.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Sierra Rep

call the customer service line and order a new one. seems like a lot of fuss over a faucet..

574-533-2165
Sierra14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I bought my 365saq from Couch's and have had great service from them. I believe the problem is that these faucets are imports and FR probably buys an entire lot. Once they are gone, they buy something else, and trying to get parts may be near impossible. I'm like others, I'll find something that works, or I'll buy a quality unit and forget about it.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote