Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #1

looking at 5ers

hello, We are looking at a bunch of bunkhouse 5th wheels. We are going back and forth on floor plans. We liked the 2017 372lok sierra and I guess the Sandpiper as well. We also liked the Columbus 377MB. How is the quality of the Columbus to the Sierra?
I could not find out the size of the I beams used for these 5ers, 12inch or something else? Do folks find the quality of these units good. We went into few at the Hershey show and like the floor plan.
How is the bunk room bed size? We liked the Jayco mid bunk on paper until we noticed how short the overhead mid room bunk was.
Can you put a tv in the loft area?
sorry for the all of questions.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
Ed
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:52 AM   #2

I have looked and been in every mid bunk 5ver out there and we decided to go with the Sandpiper 371rebh. We were originally going for a loft but after walking into the 371 rebh we fell in love with the layout, it is the only mid bunk with this floor plan. Depending on how many people you plan on sleeping in the loft in our case just wasn't necessary. We have had ours for almost a year and have used it a ton with just a few minor issues. The quality was actually better than I was expecting I just know from buying several other trailers the build quality just isnt typically very good. We seriously consider the Columbus it had some features we really like and some we really hated. I would just go with whatever floorplan you like the best.
2012 Ram 3500 SRW
Ken91720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #3

Most toy haulers have dual retractable queens in a separate room with a separate entrance. Plus you can take bikes, kayaks , golf carts etc easily.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken91720 View Post
I have looked and been in every mid bunk 5ver out there and we decided to go with the Sandpiper 371rebh. We were originally going for a loft but after walking into the 371 rebh we fell in love with the layout, it is the only mid bunk with this floor plan. Depending on how many people you plan on sleeping in the loft in our case just wasn't necessary. We have had ours for almost a year and have used it a ton with just a few minor issues. The quality was actually better than I was expecting I just know from buying several other trailers the build quality just isnt typically very good. We seriously consider the Columbus it had some features we really like and some we really hated. I would just go with whatever floorplan you like the best.
we like that floor plan as well, but actually need the loft.
cheers,
Ed
berger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er