Old 01-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #1

New 365 saq caulking coming off and water in front cap

Ok i have a 2012 365saq with the new rounded front cap. It was delivered to me middle of october. At the end of november after winterizing it and getting it ready for the winter I noticed water dripping from the molding underneath where the front cap meets the camper and noticed caulking was coming off recaulked where it was coming off and checked rest of camper found a couple other spots where caulking was missing around drip rails. I thought maybe water got into the cap when washing it around the hitch, but a month later caulking coming up again and water dripping out around molding. I have checked all putty on roof where cap is attached and dont see anything wrong. So has anyone else had any problems, and is there some kind of drain system in that cap because it does look like water could get in around hitch when washing it or can you get condensation in the cap since it is just hollow that maybe could build up. I've made an appointment at dealer to get checked out unfortunately they couldnt get me in for a few weeks.

inspectorgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #2

We had water dripping from the front of out 365SAQ as well, but it turned out to be a staple through the water supply line to the front hookups for the washer. Apparently done during construction. It took a couple of months for the staple to work loose. At first we thought we had a roof leak as the floor in the master bedroom by the window was wet, and it had been raining pretty hard. The next day we saw water dripping out of the front by the cap, but it had stopped raining the night before. Long story short, it took about a month at the dealer, but it's fixed now.

Rbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #3

Thanks for the response but i don't think mine is from a water line because i noticed it after winterizing it so i would think if i had a water line leak i would be dripping antifreeze. I have'nt seen it drip for a few days, its suppose to rain tommorow and i'll see if it starts dripping again after that. It goes to the shop this monday anyway.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #4

I have a 2008 Flagstaff Fifth Wheel Series M-8526RLS and it is doing the same thing. I noticed it the other day that both bottom corners have seperated from the trim that goes to the roof around the plastic nose piece. I removed all the trim on the bottom and recaulked all of it and put new sticky putty in. I noticed that the little wooden strips was loose, so I drill holes in the metal frame and put longer screws in. This pulled it close together and fixed it, but after using the next time it was back to the same and now the caulk up the sides around the nose piece is coming loose. I'm not happy with Forest River products if this happens to them.
wadkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #5

I had to recaulk a few spots going up the side where the cap meets the camper to. This is my first forest river product and i agree with you I'm dissapointed. I love the camper itself but i am definatly worried about the build quality now. I'm thinking maybe i should have gone with the montana.

Tags
365, 365 saq