Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #1

No cable?

I am new to rving! So I am probably doing something very stupid! We are at a RV campground that has park cable. I have connected the park cable to the outside of my camper. In side I have switched the cable behind the tv from antenna to cable. In the bedroom I have turned off the switch on the wall plate for the antenna booster. On the tv I have scanned for channels under cable. I don't get a single channel. I asked at the front desk and they assure me the cable works for every one else. Am I not doing something I should?
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
I am new to rving! So I am probably doing something very stupid! We are at a RV campground that has park cable. I have connected the park cable to the outside of my camper. In side I have switched the cable behind the tv from antenna to cable. In the bedroom I have turned off the switch on the wall plate for the antenna booster. On the tv I have scanned for channels under cable. I don't get a single channel. I asked at the front desk and they assure me the cable works for every one else. Am I not doing something I should?
The "In side I have switched the cable behind the tv from antenna to cable." part threw me.

Turning OFF the booster should be the ONLY thing you do different. I would undo the "switch the cable" business and try again.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey
What model? Year? Do you have any satellite inputs as well? I ask because in mine i have 2 sat and one cable input.....inside the camper....master is antenna and sat....livingroom is antenna and sat (even though the wall plate says cable) and my bunkhouse has antenna and cable.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #4

I'm confused too. We have 2 outlets-one days satellite/cable and one says antenna. Herk are you telling me there is no reason to use the satellite/cable outlet if the CG has cable?
jmswms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #5

you should have two outlets, one is Antenna/Cable and one is Satellite/Aux. the spliters used for Sat are different than for Ant/cable. put your TV on the Ant one and turn off the booster, you should be good to go.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

I have a 2011 that has the bunk beds in the back.
Moosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #7

Myrtle Beach a month ago was the first time I had used cable with my new one as well. Same problem. Had to change the coax from one outlet to the other behind the tv, switch the tv to cable and do another channel search. Took me 2 days to figure this out. When I got home, I tried to use the satellite in the yard and nothing. Remembered to switch coax outlets and bingo, I had satellite. My 2011 wasn't hooked up this way, all I had to do was switch tv and do a channel search on it. My new one has 2 coax outlets behind the tv. And yes, both had two coax outlets outside too. One marked cable the other marked sat/aux.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

All you should have to do is connect the park cable to the cable input outside; turn off the booster; and retune the tv for cable.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
All you should have to do is connect the park cable to the cable input outside; turn off the booster; and retune the tv for cable.
I thought so too...tried that. Our camper was broken into at the dealer last Thanksgiving and the TV, outlets and cables were ripped out. I wonder if they changed something when they rewired everything? I will try it again next time we are at a park that has cable. Thanks
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
They might have changed somethin herk, mine is different then that.....my plates only say antenna for one coax and then either sat/aux or cable for the other. Cable in mine only works in the BH for my unit as i have tried every config
Old 08-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Just saying the original poster should put everything back the way it was so he can watch TV using the roof antenna with the boost switch ON.

Then hook up the park cable to the "CABLE" input (NOT SAT) on the outside of the camper.

When the TV is playing channels off the roof antenna he should just turn the boost switch off and rescan for cable channels. It should work just fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sandpiper Cable connections Bedroom.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	17665   Click image for larger version

Name:	CBL and SAT inputs.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	17666  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Winegard Wall PLate Amp.pdf (143.1 KB, 19 views)