Old 08-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
This thread will be closed soon

That's what happens when you complain about Forrest River products.

2016 Vibe Extreme Lite 315BHK
2006 F150 Supercrew 4x4
zexel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
That's what happens when you complain about Forrest River products.
That is not true at all. Forest River has nothing to do with this thread. While the original OP has issues, no doubt, I secont the opinion that the dealer has quite a bit to do with customer happiness. Personally, I didn't take my rig back to the dealer for repairs as he was 300 miles plus away. I took care of most small things myself. Bigger issues waited until the international rally and were fixed to my satisfaction and above. I can not say enough about the techs that came to my unit, fixed every tiny thing I submitted and more. If I ever purchase another RV, it will be from Forest River.

John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44)2014-(59)
Nights Camped 2015-(47)2016-23
BombDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #13
Why does a thread like this have to be "closed"?? Are you afraid it might offend "Those In Power at Forest River"?
Threads like this let others know just what to look for when buying a product, and if I had spent 50, 60, 70 grand on a product ant it was a piece o poo I'd want to let others know. Maybe others will read it, and not buy.
I realize that many don't have any serious problems with their rigs, but there are alot that do. Maybe (but it's a long shot) someone with the company will get involved in getting the company to start turning out quality products that don't require warrenty work before the rig is even off the dealers lot. If I were in the OP's position, or others that have posted about big problems with their rigs, I'd paint the rig bright yellow with LEMON in big letters and park it across from the dealer.
Every day I read posts from people with new rigs with major problems, and almost always the first response is "So sorry to hear about your problems. Try the dealer for warranty work". Lot of good that does someone who has just been told that it going to take a month to get parts to fix their new rig.
To the OP, good luck trying to get everything taken care of, eventually you may, but you'll still be making payments on your rig while its at the dealer, sitting.
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
I feel your pain.

My dealer is currently working with FR to fix the numerous items not addressed during the 6 1/2 hour PDI. One of the reasons we purchased our Wildcat was dealer service (dealer reviews) and Wildcat representatives (I talked by factory reps prior to purchasing). I called the factory and actually emailed the FR rep from this site. Everything is being worked out. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a dealer not stepping up let alone a manufacture not doing the same. To date everything is coming together and the dealer is dropping our coach off Tuesday so we can use it during the week of Labor Day. He will then have it picked up on our return and finish addressing the issues that haven't been taken care of yet. The dealer is right at 200 miles away this will be the second time they have picked it up at my residence. To me that says a volumes trying to keep me a happy pun intended.

2014 Silverback 29RE, 2014 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Hemi 6.4 auto w/ airbags, B&W Companion. Saltwater boats and rum like any good pirate.

Loose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #15
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
Why does a thread like this have to be "closed"?? Are you afraid it might offend "Those In Power at Forest River"?
Everyone,please keep in mind that this forum is NOT nor has it ever been a official or even unofficial forum for Forest River Inc!

This Forum is privately run for Forest River RV owners of all brands and models.

If the Forum Moderators want to close this thread it is most likely due to the potential of a flame war.

Finally, X100 on the Dealers - your dealer is your lifeline. If your dealer is a jerk, find another and discuss frankly with them your issues. Even if you did not buy your unit from them they will get reimbursed from Forest River/Component manufacturers for warranty work.
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #16
itch'n to road trip
Our unit has been at the dealer for a total of 16 weeks for the first year... its been at the dealer this past time of over 7 weeks and still not fixed. Dealer claims they are waiting on parts. And now our first year warranty is up... still cant use it to see what else is wrong! Its been back twice for a leaking shower!!
If my dealer is my lifeline... we are screwed!!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #17
Sorry to here about your issues.

We have had two Forest River PUMAs the first never went back the second went back to the dealer for very minor cosmetic warranty issues Over two years old as of now & no major issues to date hopefully it will stay that way........

Unfortunately it seems reading many Forums that nearly all company's have issues.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #18
BamaBob, I can't see a thread such as this as starting a "flame war". Its just new owners venting their frustrasion after they spent good money on what they thought would be a good, well built product. Maybe if they had known about this forum prior to their buying a FR product, they could have researched into the particular rig they were interested in.
Many newbies to rv's really don't know what forums are out there. Just think of all the new FR product owners who are having problems that never post here or anywhere else.
Posters like the OP need a forum to vent their disatisifaction with their defective rigs. Just the fact that others who own the same rigs also post about their defects, proves the need.
As for those of you who had your problems taken care at "THE RALLY", great. But not everyone could go, so their stuck making trips to the dealer, or having their rig's sitting for months while waiting for service or repairs.
I wasen't able to go, but even if I could have, I doubt if FR would have replaced the cracked roof on my Lexi. I can just see their tech's rolling in with replacement roof's, windows, doors, ect. Yeah, right!!!
Let me add this...
It's a good thing, at least for FR and other manf. that Lemon Laws don't include rv's. FR would be out of business in 6 months.
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #19
Site Team
Grumpy and Zexel- Honestly, the majority of negative threads do not get closed. The ones that get closed do so because posters (either the OP or responders) violated rules or too many arguments ensued or the topic wore out its thread and became something else entirely. The threads where it is purely bashing or trolling do tend to get closed. We all understand venting and it is ok to vent about problems like these on these forums.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #20
Camper Less Camping
Every time I read these bad experiences folks have with a new camper...and the hit or miss on finding a "good" dealer to catch these problems before the customer gets it, I think how much better would we all be if the factory doubled their budgeted QC line item for all new rigs leaving the floor?

As others have posted who went to the Rally, factory reps admit they have no control on dealers and their service, to help (not eliminate) remediate these frustrating issues, you'd think someone could at least do a 6 month trial run on the factory floor with extended QC oversight to understand if that'll help the issue and save some face for the brand label...Just thinking:

(BTW...our unit was built on a Wednesday, very little issues and all super minor...sounds like a common theme on the best day of the week to have one built!)

Good Luck OP

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear

2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river