Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #21
Site Team

I too had several issues including the slide assembly shearing away from the floor and separating trackside wiring. I have been fortunate to have a great dealership to work with. If I had as many issues as you do and travelled as much as you do, I would contact forest river about bringing it to the factory for repairs. This may be beneficial to you as it would probably be much less downtime.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
BamaBob, I can't see a thread such as this as starting a "flame war". <SNIP>
They do - trust me - I have been a Forum moderator and bumping around on the Internet for 25+ years and have seen it all LOL

Quote:
I wasen't able to go, but even if I could have, I doubt if FR would have replaced the cracked roof on my Lexi. I can just see their tech's rolling in with replacement roof's, windows, doors, ect. Yeah, right!!!
I Personally witnessed FR replace a complete side wall on a TT parked next to us where the damage was due to a backing accident on the WAY to the rally. The owner reported it, and FR dragged the TT to the factory on Thursday and replaced the wall.

FR Replaced my steps that were bent because of my stupidity in securing them.

As was mentioned at the Rally, FR was going to do a $1,000,000.00 repair operation (YES That is One MILLION)

FR Tries to build a good product, people are human, but the assemblers are great (I know I went on the factory tour and watched them assemble a unit similar to mine).

The dealers are everything - some are complete A$$holes, some are MEH-OK, and some are absolute gems (Dandy RV in Anniston AL for example or Reed RV in Huntsville, AL

Other comments are correct: If you do not know what you are getting in to you may have problems - especially if you have a I don't care dealer.

Finally, RVing is, to a great extent, a DIY hobby. We buy a stock unit and the first thing a lot of us do is tear it apart and add the improvements we would have put in had we built it If you are completely un-handy, have no idea what a multimeter is, or do not know which end of a hammer to hold -- well guess what??

ASK HERE IN THR FORUMS and you will be amazed at the help and assistance you will get!

Returning you all to this thread FWIW, and hoping everyone reading this can get out this weekend and CAMP!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #23

I had to contact forest river directly. Took it to the factory for the repairs to be re done after the dealers made a mess of the repairs. Then at the FROG at goshen got the other stuff done. What a great group of guys there and at the factory.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 PM   #24

The thing I really enjoy about FRF is ghat one person shares their pain and twenty others reply trying to help in their own way, one way or another. Even when the op has dropped off the face of the earth.
My experience has all been good. I'm not crazy about one trim issue but the trailer is fine otherwise.
The ops unit is pretty unique. I wonder how much can be attributed to it being a fairly new design. I learned with a Civic not to buy a new body style the first year.
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #25
Site Team

In all fairness to new RV owners - we usually do not find out the truth about our dealership until after the sale. FR should be sending out quality and sometimes something gets past the gate that shouldn't. With that said I also know there can be other factors involved as well from dealerships using parts off one trailer to fix another trailer, wear & tear during transportation, incomplete PDI or owner walk-through, just to name a few.

PS
I have seen more complaints lately but even so it's not much in comparison to the 62,000+ FRF members here. On the other hand if the lemon was mine I would be singing a different song. I just hope that all issues get taken care of so we all can enjoy our units.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #26

was hoping to find some help on here that we can fix ourselves. I am just looking for ideas what might be wrong. Dealer told us nothing was wrong but that is not true.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #27

It is certainly was not my intent to start a "flame war". I'm sorry if it was taken that way. I was simply venting my frustration at having spent a significant amount of money on what now feels like a lemon and just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced these same kinds of issues, especially anyone who might also own a 360PDEK. We did quite a bit of research on several brands & heard very good things about Forest River, which is why we chose it. Unfortunately, we did not know about this forum until after we had made the purchase.
We are taking the trailer in to the dealer for warranty work on October 1 (the first chance that we finally have to get it there). Hopefully they will get everything fixed. I am wondering though if I should go ahead and contact Forest River directly to report the issues. Would it make a difference?

Days Camping; 2014- 109 days so far
Namaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #28

Quote:
BamaBob, I can't see a thread such as this as starting a "flame war". Its just new owners venting their frustrasion after they spent good money on what they thought would be a good, well built product. Maybe if they had known about this forum prior to their buying a FR product, they could have researched into the particular rig they were interested in.
Many newbies to rv's really don't know what forums are out there. Just think of all the new FR product owners who are having problems that never post here or anywhere else.
Posters like the OP need a forum to vent their disatisifaction with their defective rigs. Just the fact that others who own the same rigs also post about their defects, proves the need.
As for those of you who had your problems taken care at "THE RALLY", great. But not everyone could go, so their stuck making trips to the dealer, or having their rig's sitting for months while waiting for service or repairs.
I wasen't able to go, but even if I could have, I doubt if FR would have replaced the cracked roof on my Lexi. I can just see their tech's rolling in with replacement roof's, windows, doors, ect. Yeah, right!!!
Grumpy
Let me add this...
It's a good thing, at least for FR and other manf. that Lemon Laws don't include rv's. FR would be out of business in 6 months.
They replaced my ROOF at the Rally. Two workers got on top and ripped the old off and reglued the new on and rolled it out and that was not done at the factory...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
That's what happens when you complain about Forrest River products.
You are way off base on your title that you inserted. As many has said FR has nothing to do with this forum I guess you will learn that in time.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexel View Post
That's what happens when you complain about Forrest River products.
Untrue, this forum is not owned or operated by Forest River.

Tags
forest river