Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRoden View Post
Anyone got a number for FR? I just called their main line and the guy I talked to was extremely rude!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Wow! I can't imagine that. Rude? Wow! Hmm I am stumped as to why someone is just rude. What did they say. Who was it. What number did you call?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #62

You know Phil your attempt a sarcasm is really pathetic. I thought this forum was to help each other. I called their main line an they connected me with a gentleman that acted like what I was trying to say didn't matter. An that he only deals with dealers not customers. I asked to be transferred he refused.

JRRoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Wow! I can't imagine that. Rude? Wow! Hmm I am stumped as to why someone is just rude. What did they say. Who was it. What number did you call?

Here they all are if I can attach them:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1) (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 36 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 PM   #64

Quote:
You know Phil your attempt a sarcasm is really pathetic. I thought this forum was to help each other. I called their main line an they connected me with a gentleman that acted like what I was trying to say didn't matter. An that he only deals with dealers not customers. I asked to be transferred he refused.

Sorry should have sent this info to you, maybe they can help:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1) (1) (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 45 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #65

Quote:

A lot about me is pathetic but to insult my humor is just to much. If I sounded sarcastic it was because I meant to. It seems as you throw broad topics out to the forum with little info. This forum can and does help but you need want help and my opinion so far is you just want a place to complain. If I'm wrong I'm sorry. If you do want help get positive attitude and get specific about your questions.
Just saying I talked to someone in the phone and they were mean to me is not helpful.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #66

I don't know why it is on these forums that some people feel they just have to be rude to a newbe. It is as if they must haze the new members. The majority of the people that join a forum like this do so b/c they have an issue of some sort and are looking for help. They most likely are extremely frustrated when they do. Cut them some slack.

They may or may not stick around. I belong to about 10 forums but am only active on 2. I drop in the others from time to time but not often. I like this forum b/c there is a lot of good information and most of the people are helpful. I do not own a FR product. I joined b/c I have a Coachmen and FR now owns Coachman. When I got here I liked it so I stuck around.

I myself never buy new b/c you can get a 3 - 5 year old camper for half the price and most of the bugs should be worked out.

I can tell you after reading all the issues owners are having with new rvs, I myself would be very skeptical about buying a FR product new. I would not purchase with out some sort of use first deal.

I appreciate those on here that understand the frustrations and provide what ever assistance they can.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #67
Director, FROG

Quote:

JRRoden, please give me a call or send me an e-mail. Let me know the brand of your RV and the last 7 digits of your VIN, and I'll get you in touch with Warranty and Parts for the appropriate division. I'll be out of the office today after about 10:30, and we have our dealer show Tue-Thu next week, but I'll get back with you either over the weekend or on Monday. My office number is (574) 825-8532.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #68
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
JRRoden, please give me a call or send me an e-mail. Let me know the brand of your RV and the last 7 digits of your VIN, and I'll get you in touch with Warranty and Parts for the appropriate division. I'll be out of the office today after about 10:30, and we have our dealer show Tue-Thu next week, but I'll get back with you either over the weekend or on Monday. My office number is (574) 825-8532.
Props to you Bob!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:08 AM   #69
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Props to you Bob!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harderd View Post
I appreciate those on here that understand the frustrations and provide what ever assistance they can.
X2

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #70
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
FROG Bob,
You're a good man Charlie Brown!
Old 11-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaw View Post
Hi, I'm pretty new to this forum. My husband & I purchased a 2015 Sierra 360PDEK recently. When we went to pick it up, we inspected it from top to bottom. In fact, I was irritating the guys at pick up because I kept pointing out things, so I feel I definitely did my due diligence. At that time, we found 12 warranty items - mostly aesthetic (except for the microwave that shorted and had to be replaced and the broken flat screen TV mount). We knew that we would likely find other issues, as we used the trailer. We were not naive enough to think that it was perfect - but Holy Cow!! After taking it out, we are now up to about 30 warranty items.
Things like: the cable/satellite connection doesn't work at all (we are not recreational campers, so this is a big deal for us); the table mounted so close to the wall that the pleated shades can't be lowered or raised without significant effort that will eventually tear them up; the DVD player volume has to be maxed (literally) in order to hear a movie; shredded rubber seals on at least 2 slides - the one in the living room is so bad that we can lift the slide carpet and see the ground outside; the door has to be slammed HARD & the rubber is now damaged because of it; the lock on the door is so loose that it accidentally falls into the locked position frequently - we don't ever leave the trailer without keys in hand, for fear of being locked out; when it rains, the window at the top of the stairs looks like a fountain, with water sheeting over the glass on the outside and seeping into the tray at the bottom of the window frame inside; this trailer has the rear deck - there were no covers installed on the outdoor deck lights, and the walk out gate can't be closed if you are standing in front of it because the floor bows so badly that it overlaps on the rail; and most concerning is that the outside doors frequently pop open as we travel... the slightest dip in the road twists the trailer so much that doors pop open. Thank goodness the entrance door has the handrail in front of it or it would be swinging wide open as we travel down the road (both the latch & deadbolt were locked on it). We always make sure that all doors are locked and well secured, so we have no idea how to prevent this from happening. These are just a few of the items that we have had.
My question is, have others had this many problems with their Forest River trailer too? I'm really disappointed with the overall workmanship of this trailer. For what we paid, I guess I expected better. Now we have to send it back to the dealership for what we know will be a significant amount of time (they estimate 2 months) to get it fixed. That is just ridiculous!! We travel very frequently with only a week to maybe a month in between trips, so it has been very hard to schedule these repairs. We traded in our 2009 Jayco travel trailer for this 5th wheel. I really do love the Sierra with lots more room & features that we had on our wish list, but we never had issues with the Jayco at all, so it's really frustrating. I had heard that Forest River was a good brand, but right now I'm feeling a little duped.
I have the same RV, but the Sandpiper model. I don't have those problems and I am full time living. My only issue it is hard to heat. I have begun a process of insulating the front much better than factory. The front of the bedroom and closet are just bare wood underneath. I have installed 3/4" foam insulation where I can can waiting for my spray foam insulation kits to come in and spray what I can't fit the foam board in. This has made a huge difference in the bedroom temps. The main floor is cold, but that will be fixed shortly with a spray foam insulation kit.

I have had no problems with the slides as of yet. We had some very minor warranty issues that were solved by the dealer in a timely manner. The back blinds were messed up and fixed. The LED awning light was warped pretty bad and fixed. I have had no issues with the doors popping open.

I am sorry that you are having those problems.
scottg985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #72

We had the sandpiper version as well...we purchased it 3/28/14 and on 8/3/14 forest River had to re purchase it back from us due to the dealer could not fix the issues nor the factory...we only had possession of this trailer for 22 days....I do have to say this...we feel very fortunate that forest River stood behind their product and bought the unit back for full price plus an extra $2000 for all of our trouble and loss trips that we paid for in advance...we absolutely fell in love with the unit and the party deck concept.....we now own another forest River product...a2014 coachmen Brookstone 361 LS.....this is truly an awesome trailer....very happy now...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416454870.637694.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	66632Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416455014.450599.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	821.3 KB
ID:	66633

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Tm_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #73

Our trailer has been with the dealer now for almost two months. We were finally told yesterday that they can't fix everything & that it probably needs to be sent to the factory, and those repairs could take several months. So basically I am continuing to make payments on something I can't even use. I feel completely ripped off. I traded in my 100% paid for travel trailer for this. :/ How did you get Forest River to buy back your unit??? Did you have to get an attorney involved? If I could get out from under this POS I would be so relieved.

Days Camping; 2014- 109 days so far
Namaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #74

Grumpy sez
"Let me add this...

It's a good thing, at least for FR and other manf. that Lemon Laws don't include rv's. FR would be out of business in 6 months."

Apparently you didn't know that "Lemon Laws" in many, if not most, states do apply to RVs.

On a side note, folks that complain the most typically have a hard time getting good service. That may or may not be helpful to you.
Mikemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #75

Tim & Cindy, We just purchased a 2015 360PEDK!! It is so cold here is south Texas that we have not taken it anywhere yet!! Our 90 days is running out and from your info I now have concerns!! Our dealer was Camping World in New Braunfules, Texas and they have been helpful but I wish there was a class on the systems because the walk thru just does not do it!! We can not get the power inverter to turn on and the bed room door does not close so we maybe making a trip to the dealer very soon!! Thanks for your info!!
God Bless
Dave & Vicki
F-350 Super Duty Platinum 4x4
Forest River Sierra 360PDEK
Jupiterd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:26 PM   #76
Happy owner SOB

Do a search on forest river windjammer cracks, you will find MANY with cracks through the exterior walls. Mine broke on both sides, one above rear door , the other above front slide out. Soggy floor in bedroom. Forest river "fixed " it but the are still having the same failures on 2015s. Sold it to a guy that will leave it parked overlooking a lake and not towing it. If the rest of forest rivers products are the same, run away quickly...

2015 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Lariat

Airstream 27FB ( The Silver Spoon )
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:24 PM   #77

Quality Problems with a 2014 Sierra 376BHOK

We bought our 43' 5th wheel Sierra new in April 2014. Loved the floor plan, but hate the shabby quality of the rig's construction. We are full-timers and travel a fair amount, so I've had time to see how poorly FR's attention to detail is.

When we did our initial walk-through with the dealer before delivery, there were a number of warranty issues that needed to be fixed. This was after the dealer's supposed "quality control" inspection. The dealer took care of most of these problems after we had a few "serious" discussions. A minor problem, with a lot of push back from the FR dealer dealt with interior wood trim pieces falling off. There were several pieces that needed fixing before I even got it off the lot. At first they just re-stapled the pieces back on. When they showed me this "fix", the trim looked like it had been used for target practice. After some "discussion", they removed trim from another Sierra on the lot and installed it in mine.One initial warranty item they refused to fix was the seat springs in the two recliners. They told us we would have to contact the furniture supplier (?). So much for the FR warranty. I subsequently figured out how to repair the springs myself, and the upholstery will wear out before I have a problem with this again.

My biggest complaint is mainly in the details, where FR obviously cut corners.

- In the master bedroom, the sliding doors to the closet have cheap wood screws serving as door stops to prevent the doors from moving while traveling. These screws sheared off on day 2 of ownership. Fixed them myself using small stainless pins instead of the factory wood screws. My cost $1.45.
- the screen door latch broke in week 2. Really cheap plastic. I got some aluminum bar at Home Depot, and with a Dremel tool, hacksaw, and file made a replacement that will last forever. My cost was $3.50 and about an hour of labor.
- In the clothes closet of the bunk house, the clothes rod pulled out of the wall. Turns out FR just used some small wood screws into the 1/8" wall. Used toggle bolts to replace the screws. I could do pull ups on it now without it pulling loose. Cost was $4.75. Labor was 15 minutes.
- Decorative wood trim pieces inside the living and sleeping areas was pulling loose again. I bought some nice antiqued upholstery tacks to permanently fix the problems. Cost was about $2.
- We had some serious problems with the clothes rod in the master bedroom closet. This closet runs the full width of the unit up in the nose cone. After traveling one day, I noticed that the small tray above the clothes rod (and to which the clothes rod was fastened) had pulled loose from the wall, leaving a large gap. I discovered that this tray (which supports all the weight of clothes hung on the clothes rod) was held in place with just a few wood screws. Ditto with the brackets holding the clothes rod to the tray. Whoever in FR approved this design should be fired. Clothes have a significant weight, and their effect when traveling is compounded. The permanent fix I used consisted of 2 vertical 2" wood dowels, and short pieces of 2x2 wood as foot and top plates. I stained and varnished them to match the existing wood, and used them as vertical supports to the tray. They are fastened to the horizontal tray with pins that go through the tray and plates into the dowels. I replaced the wood screws on the clothes rod bracket with bolts. - Problem solved permanently. Cost was about $10, and a couple of hours labor.

There have been a number of other things that I've taken care of, that the dealer would or could not do. My point is that the incremental cost to use proper fasteners and proper support construction is negligible at time of manufacture, and would save FR warranty repair costs for those folks who can't fix them their selves. For an approximately $70K RV, the quality is abysmal.

My rig is not falling apart any more (knock on wood!), and hopefully will last for quite a few more years.
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river