Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2017, 09:43 AM   #1

Power Auto leveling front and rear jacks dilemma

Ok I’ve been on here helping, or trying to help a lot of people, now I need help. Lol. My jacks are supposed to be auto leveling. My rv isn’t leveling. I’m afraid even if I put blocks under the low side it will still try and level off those and won’t be level. Any suggestions? I’m on a concrete pad. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5811.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	157637Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5814.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	157638
Jeff6146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Now bear with me as I am new to this auto leveling part as well.. It looks like normal stab Jack's in the rear not pistons?

Does the jack have enough lift to level the trailer? First time I tried the levels I got an error because the site was to far out of level and one of the Jack's ram out of piston (have pistons in the rear on mine). I added a few Lego blocks to that piston to give it less need to extend 6" and then it was fine.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #3

I'm with Doc, doesn't look like an auto level system to me from the pics. If it really is, have you zero leveled it (set the default level)? Should be in the manufacturers manual which you can find online.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Now bear with me as I am new to this auto leveling part as well.. It looks like normal stab Jack's in the rear not pistons?

Does the jack have enough lift to level the trailer? First time I tried the levels I got an error because the site was to far out of level and one of the Jack's ram out of piston (have pistons in the rear on mine). I added a few Lego blocks to that piston to give it less need to extend 6" and then it was fine.

Well there is one piston looking object on this side of the camper (looking at the current picture), maybe it’s not auto leveling on the back but the front definitely are. They did stop at one point, maybe I need to block the back a little more. But the front obviously gets used first then the rear. Shouldn’t the front level the camper and the back just stabilize the rear portion of the camper? If I put a block under the low side( the side the picture was not taken from) of the front stabilization, you think that would work or would it just be the same as not using it, being stabilizing I’m thinking they would just keep the same auto leveling it is now.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I'm with Doc, doesn't look like an auto level system to me from the pics. If it really is, have you zero leveled it (set the default level)? Should be in the manufacturers manual which you can find online.

I didn’t know it was resettable. Maybe I’ll try that first.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #6

Maybe we are talking about different systems. Do you have a pick of your control panel?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Mine levels front to back using the front Jack's first. Then it deploys the rear and does left to right. The front Jack's will now also go up or down individually to help the back get left to right.

I have the ground control 3.0 from lippert. Yours looks diffrent from the pic. Did not know if your just to out of level.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
It is tough to tell. It looks like a normal 5er level system. But who knows anymore.

With mine there is one button to self level, no individual jack controls at the Jack's.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Maybe we are talking about different systems. Do you have a pick of your control panel?

Control panel??? They both have just a button for each. The picture side of the front comes down first hits pressure and the other side comes down until “level” then they move in unison until the user decides the camper is level. The rear start and end in unison until the user stops pushing the button. There’s really not a control panel.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #10

Ah. I'm not that familiar with all the newer level systems, but it appears you have piston type front landing gear that does not have the manual adjust for length like the old ones did. The auto part comes into play as your landing gear comes into contact with the ground and auto adjusts to any unlevelness in the ground (instead of you having to pull a pin and raise/lower the feet).

Are you saying it tries to twist your frame? Or you fully extend the front pistons before you are level front to back?

I think we were confused when you said Auto level as I, for one, automatically think of the 4 or 6 point LevelUp system that levels your entire rig with one button push. From the pics I would say your system is standard, and it won't auto level side to side.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:55 PM   #11
Who Dares, Wins

Do. You have a brand name? If it is what I am thinking it looks like, I agree it might just be a standard stabilizing system. The front legs go down then you lower the rear one at a time to stabilize the trailer. It is not meant to level, you do this before you disconnect with Lego blocks or other means under the wheels.

The reason I ask if you have a make or name on them is they might just be electric stabilizing Jack's, not electric self leveling. I have one button which lowers all the Jacks, which the rears look like pistons, and it levels things.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #12
Who Dares, Wins

Maybe a few closer up pictures of them could help? Like close to. The under side of the rear Jack's as well.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 12-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #13

Lippert does make a Bat Wing HD system that looks just like the Old 12V stabilizer system,but with Beefed up Arms and connecter braces! I cant tell from the poor Pic.but this may be the Lippert HD system or just standard stabilizers? Youroo!!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff6146 View Post
Ok I’ve been on here helping, or trying to help a lot of people, now I need help. Lol. My jacks are supposed to be auto leveling. My rv isn’t leveling. I’m afraid even if I put blocks under the low side it will still try and level off those and won’t be level. Any suggestions? I’m on a concrete pad. Attachment 157637Attachment 157638
What it looks like to me is someone put half the system on, meaning someone just replaced the front landing gear jacks with GC 3.0 jacks (maybe in preperation for the full system???). It doesn't look like you have the full system, especially if you are saying you dont have a control panel and just the individual buttons for the landing gear jacks.

If my suspicion is true you will not be able to auto level, you will just have normal landing gear. You have to have the rear jacks (that look the same as the front) to level because they run to the ground then the front and rear jacks operate together (extend) on one side to get you level side to side. The front jacks have to push with the rear jakcs to level and by the pics it looks like you are missing those. Looking at your picture you have the scissor stabilizer jack and not individual piston jacks (like the front) in the back.

Do the front jacks have any markings on them? Is this a new to you trailer? Is it brand new?

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:29 PM   #15

BE SURE to raise the rear stabilizer jacks BEFORE you go to level it. If not, if the front raises it can ruin the rear stabilizers or even bend your frame.

After you level it you can put them back down again.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #16

I don't think it has auto leveling, it sounds like a standard front legs and rear stabilizers.
Front hydraulic legs operate just like described, one will move faster than the other, once both touch down up comes the 5er. Rears are stabilizers only and not designed to level. Side to side leveling is done by blocking up the low side tires.
Sealyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealyn View Post
I don't think it has auto leveling, it sounds like a standard front legs and rear stabilizers.
Front hydraulic legs operate just like described, one will move faster than the other, once both touch down up comes the 5er. Rears are stabilizers only and not designed to level. Side to side leveling is done by blocking up the low side tires.
Right, you CANNOT use the rear stabilizer jacks to level the caper side to side or front to rear.

I use long 2x6 boards on the low side, back up and drive onto them. I have 3 in my pass through, all beveled on one end to make them easy to drive onto. Then I level front to rear with the front landing gear, easy, fast, DONE!

I use stick on bubble levels front and rear and another one on the side right near the landing gear switch.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
What it looks like to me is someone put half the system on, meaning someone just replaced the front landing gear jacks with GC 3.0 jacks (maybe in preperation for the full system???). It doesn't look like you have the full system, especially if you are saying you dont have a control panel and just the individual buttons for the landing gear jacks.

If my suspicion is true you will not be able to auto level, you will just have normal landing gear. You have to have the rear jacks (that look the same as the front) to level because they run to the ground then the front and rear jacks operate together (extend) on one side to get you level side to side. The front jacks have to push with the rear jakcs to level and by the pics it looks like you are missing those. Looking at your picture you have the scissor stabilizer jack and not individual piston jacks (like the front) in the back.

Do the front jacks have any markings on them? Is this a new to you trailer? Is it brand new?

No this is the way it was built from forest wood Sierra, the instruction manual says they are front leveling. I think y’all are right about the rear ones due to them coming down all at once. So I’ll try and put something under the dual axles and see if that helps.

Tags
jacks, leveling, power