Old 03-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehorn View Post
Good to see some more ford fans out there, where it live and all my buddies dodge is what they must have, I admit too when we were looking we did consider switching sides, but then a slap in the face smartened me up and we stayed with ford. I miss my old 06 f350 but this 14 is sure a pretty nice ride.
I'll admit the Ford is nice, and would be my 2nd choice, but I'm a Chevy man. I even had a 6.5 Chevy diesel with 350k on it before she blew a rod out the side, (could have been the 3k lbs in the bed). Of course, my GM discount really helps. Did stray once with a '99 F350 crew 4x4. That was a beast in the day, but pale in comparison to today's trucks.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:23 PM   #12

Great looking rig! Can't wit for my 365 to be delivered. May 1 can't come fast enough.

Old 03-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #13

Well, just to rub it in a little bit!! Here we are last weekend in the North Georgia Mountains at Moccasin Creek Campground. Love the view and it was the first long pull with the 6.7L.(90 miles). Absolutely no problem in the mountains. Love the power, just wish it had a better engine brake, but with manual shifting that's the way to go!!

And plus, I labeled my 5er in the trailer connection section so I can keep up with just how many miles I've pulled this trailer!

OH....and you guys with black trucks make me sick! My '13 is the first white truck ever and only my second 'non-black' vehicle in 30 years! At least you can't see the dust on the white!! LOL
Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Well, just to rub it in a little bit!! Here we are last weekend in the North Georgia Mountains at Moccasin Creek Campground. Love the view and it was the first long pull with the 6.7L.(90 miles). Absolutely no problem in the mountains. Love the power, just wish it had a better engine brake, but with manual shifting that's the way to go!!
And plus, I labeled my 5er in the trailer connection section so I can keep up with just how many miles I've pulled this trailer!
Monty
Once again your pictures are causing me to look at parks in GA and try to find time to make it down there
It also appears I will be looking online at my Ford manual to see how to name my trailer on the truck. That's pretty nifty.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
Once again your pictures are causing me to look at parks in GA and try to find time to make it down there
It also appears I will be looking online at my Ford manual to see how to name my trailer on the truck. That's pretty nifty.

On the information screen for the truck. Go to truck apps...this is down the left side of the screen.

Once there. I think the first one is the off road. Go one more and there you can name your trailer so you can keep track of miles.

Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #16

Glad to hear she pulled good. This is our first non black truck as well, lol it looks close to black but it is kodiak brown, soooo just as much of a PIA to keep clean lol. Campground looks great. Can't wait for the kids to be older so they can handle a trip down there sometime.

Tags
365, led, storage