Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #1

question about ac on 365 saq

Hi all,this is my first post,I have a question about ac.My 5th is a 365 saq 2012 and I was wondering about the ac venilation in the bunk room,it seems like there is hardly any air coming out of the duct.I have the front ac as a add on,then the standard ac in the middle.I realize its hot but it almost seems like a blockage in the duct.Anybody. have any ideas? Thanks Robert
robertc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #2

We have the same rv and it seems like that is the common complaint.I just read another thread where people cut more vents into the bunk house. What we do is 1st put the foam pads in roof vents to block sun 2nd leave the rear bathroom door open so that vent will blow into bunkhouse and 3rd get a fan that rotates upward so it can circulate air this keeps our bunkhouse cool. Goodluck
inspectorgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #3

Thanks for replying.Its not great,but at least I now know that's the way it is with this model.To me it almost seems like there should be a another small unit. I will give your ideas a try.thanks,Robert
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #4

Follow this thread below. It has people reporting the same issue and some, as posted by inspectorgf, have made soema dditional vent ports. There are pictures showing the mod and info on how they did it. A good read and something you may want to look at.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...saq-21486.html
cliffwva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #5

The biggest problem with this unit is the ducts for the AC go beyond the last vents in both bedrooms. To easily fix this, buy some aluminum HVAC tape from Home Depot, Lowes, or any other hardware store. It's like duct tape, about the same size but made from aluminum. Pop the vent cover off the last vent in your camper both in the master and in the bunkhouse. Use the tape to form a "stop" at the end of that vent. This will force the air to come out the last vents and not travel in the ceiling to nowhere. Seems to be a problem even my dealer recognized, but has no answers as to why forest river didn't stop the air at the last vents.

Hope this helps.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #6

Ok.I will give it a shot.I already have some of the tape.thanks
Old 08-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #7

When you do it, post up a pic of two for us to see.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrkd View Post
The biggest problem with this unit is the ducts for the AC go beyond the last vents in both bedrooms. To easily fix this, buy some aluminum HVAC tape from Home Depot, Lowes, or any other hardware store. It's like duct tape, about the same size but made from aluminum. Pop the vent cover off the last vent in your camper both in the master and in the bunkhouse. Use the tape to form a "stop" at the end of that vent. This will force the air to come out the last vents and not travel in the ceiling to nowhere. Seems to be a problem even my dealer recognized, but has no answers as to why forest river didn't stop the air at the last vents.

Hope this helps.
I was able to look at the vent in the front and could see what you are talking about makes no sense why, but I will fix it hopefully this weekend,off course its starting to cool off now,but at least next year,it will work better.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #9

Are the ducts made of sheet metal or ductboard (fiberglass). Also regardless of what they are made of are you guys saying that there is not and endcap on end of the duct run and the air blows right out into the roof cavity?
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab79 View Post
Are the ducts made of sheet metal or ductboard (fiberglass). Also regardless of what they are made of are you guys saying that there is not and endcap on end of the duct run and the air blows right out into the roof cavity?
The ducts in our 365SAQ units are made of a thin, coated styrofoam. Reminds me of styrofoam plates, just thicker, probably close to 1/8" or slightly greater.

It cuts very easily with a utility knife once you have the ceiling cut away.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq