Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #1

Question on Ducted A/C vent runs

Does anyone know (or has anyone seen from touring the Sierra plant) do the A/C duct runs in the campers go from front to back on each side? In my unit (2012 365SAQ) I have the main unit which on the passenger side of the camper (if you will) the duct and vents run from the main unit to the back of the rv, and on the driver's side of the rv, then run from the front of the main AC to the front bedroom.

The reason I am wondering if they run all the way is two fold. First, many of us on here know the ducts are open at the ends (unless you did a mod that I posted and maybe some others have also posted) using aluminum tape to build a block at both the last front and last rear vent. I'm wondering if I need to figure out a way to do this for the other runs as well if they travel indefinitely. My other thought is... it appears the 2014's and newer have both the bedroom unit and the main unit assisting in cooling the whole camper by channeling the air together. I could switch out my interior side of my bedroom unit so it could assist in cooling the camper on warmer or more humid days. If the duct doesn't run up to the bedroom on "both sides" of the unit though, it's not worth it.

Thanks for any input anyone may have.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #2

I have a 2014 380 bh5 and have terrible luck with my A/C. The runs come off of the ac unit and run front and back. The one on the passenger side goes to the rear and the driver to the front. There is not two full length runs on both sides-they start at the a/c unit. If you take the inside cover off it will make sense. Mine were nearly collapsed going to the rear. I made spacers to open them up.
JYM654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I believe that many newer campers that have optional 2nd A/C units now employ a system that's referred to as 'racetrack ducting'. I don't have and couldn't find any exact details on-line.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent