Old 09-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
I would leave the TT plugged in and let your battery charge up overnight and try again.

2012 Flagstaff V-lite 30 WTBS
2011 Ford Expedition
4 kids and a hubby & never enough time to camp!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Sounds like maybe you may have a converter and/or battery issue. The converter may be overheating and shutting itself down until it cools off and works again. Have you tried any other 12v electronics when this happens?

2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 67
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #13
I replaced the battery and still having the same issues. Slide out and stabilizer motors not working. I have not tried any other 12V electronics yet. All of my lights still work.
jasonshughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
Originally Posted by frankm

Terry your reasoning is very logical and if taught to do it this way I wouldn't have any issues following it. The process I follow, and according to the tech that did our PDI, is based on the idea to give the slide-out (and its very delicate in/out mechanism) a stable platform to do its job. With the trailer firmly on the ground, the slide-out mechanism won't be (as) stressed. With out the stabs down you can picture the trailer leaning curbside as the slide-out extends and putting lifting pressure on the rails.

I did a Google search looking for manufacturers' recommendation on this and the only thing I found was CrossRoadsRV (RV Tow Tips, How to tow RV, RV Towing, RV Tow Guide, Guide RV Towing) which states:

I see how this will be another one of which came first: Chicken or egg.
Ok, what you are saying, is that you should not have the trailer level to allow for rain water runoff? On a house that has a flat roof, really flat and level? I think not, so I would also have to say the tops of campers are not all flat and level, so I would tend to not believe anything from that site. I agree whole heartedly with Terry

Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote