Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #1
Half-Timer

Received our new 378 FB

Starting to get settled into our 378 FB Sierra 5er. We love the layout and it pulls real nice. Will take some time to complete our personalizing the unit but we are enjoying the journey. DW seems to like lighthouses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	theatre seating.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	110107   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear living.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	110108   Click image for larger version

Name:	living room tv.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	110109   Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	110110   Click image for larger version

Name:	fireplace.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	110111  

SOB
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #2

Congrats, very nice looking unit!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:53 PM   #3

Nice, Congrats!!
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #4

Love the picture of your fur baby looking at herself in the fireplace. Congrats and have fun.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #5

Are you still enjoying this model? My wife and I are considering this model.

Thanks in Advance!
happiicamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
Half-Timer

Great days enjoying the space

After 5 months of living in the 378FB we enjoy it more each day. As we look to make it more "ours" each day we find more to like about it. A little more storage for kitchen area would be great but then again we carry too much stuff that we haven't sorted through. Had to have the modification made to A/C such that the temperature was more even throughout the unit. Originally the front bath and bedroom would be 5-8 degrees cooler than the living room area. Adding additional return air ducts and adjustable outlets in front area makes it work much better.

All in all we are very pleased with the livability of the unit. Yes, we would do it again.

SOB
Old 10-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #7

Curious, what size truck are you pulling that with?
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
Half-Timer

Currently a 2013 Ram 2500 with cummins diesel. I say currently because this units hitch pin weight is close to the payload for the truck. Total weight wise the 16,000 lbs is below the max towing capacity of the truck. Diesel pulls this load quite well and the unit is quite stable. I use the "Sidewinder" by Reese setup for my short bed truck to have the clearance between cab and 5th wheel nose. We choose to use the sidewinder vs a slider 5th wheel hitch.

I tow at 58-61 MPH and average 11.9 to 12.5 MPG depending on wind mostly but seem to get 0.5 to 1.0 MPG better in Pennsylvania area over flat ground of Florida. Others have indicated they do the same. Have no idea what makes the difference.

I may look at upgrading to a 3500 just for ease of mind on payload capacity and the ability to add a second fuel tank for a trip through the Dakota's, Wyoming, Idaho and then the southwest.

SOB
Old 10-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptylerp View Post
Currently a 2013 Ram 2500 with cummins diesel. I say currently because this units hitch pin weight is close to the payload for the truck. Total weight wise the 16,000 lbs is below the max towing capacity of the truck. Diesel pulls this load quite well and the unit is quite stable. I use the "Sidewinder" by Reese setup for my short bed truck to have the clearance between cab and 5th wheel nose. We choose to use the sidewinder vs a slider 5th wheel hitch.

I tow at 58-61 MPH and average 11.9 to 12.5 MPG depending on wind mostly but seem to get 0.5 to 1.0 MPG better in Pennsylvania area over flat ground of Florida. Others have indicated they do the same. Have no idea what makes the difference.

I may look at upgrading to a 3500 just for ease of mind on payload capacity and the ability to add a second fuel tank for a trip through the Dakota's, Wyoming, Idaho and then the southwest.
Thanks for the reply, I too have a Ram 2500 6.7L (2011) with a long bed. We are doing research on fifth wheels and I am finding out that most of the ones we like are too near or over the rating of the truck in one way or another. Our truck only has 35k miles and has been paid off for some time, I just can't get excited about getting rid of it for a newer spendier truck. Not sure what we will do. The power is there, just not the capacity...
Campster is offline   Reply With Quote