Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
Half-Timer

Satellite with Sierra 378FB

Need help figuring out how to connect satellite dish (Vue Cube) with dish network.

1. Connecting the dish to the "satellite front" and the connection in front bedroom, I can get a coax signal and the satellite works on the front TV.
2. Connecting the dish to the "Satellite Main" and connection behind the RL (main) TV labeled "cable/sat in", I cannot get a coax signal.
3. Connecting the dish to the "Satellite Rear" and the coax connection at the outdoor kitchen TV I cannot get a coax signal.
4. Running a coax through the window (from satellite dish to cable box) I get a good coax signal and satellite works good on main tv.

Does anyone understand what I am doing wrong or found how to make the system work on their 378FB Sierra.

I have read some comments about a splitter in some cable lines that can cause coax signals not to be both directions. However with the three connections "satellite main", "Satellite front" and "Satellite rear" one would think each line would be separate and not have a splitter.

Pictures show the connections at main panel in basement and the connections behind the main TV. I was hooked to satellite rear when I snapped the picture but have used the other connections. Second picture is behind the main TV.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	behind tv.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	111188   Click image for larger version

Name:	main panel.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	111189  

2013 Ram Longhorn Laramie with 6.7L Cummins Diesel
Forest River Sierrra 378FB
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:15 PM   #2

This maybe help??

I had the same problem with my Sierra Saq365, I did a continuity test and found that the one labeled front went to the front bedroom, the one labeled main went to the rear bedroom, and the one marked rear went to the main living area. It was connected wrong at the factory. I took the panel off at the out door docking station and switch them two cables, now it all works correct, front is front, main is middle and rear is rear. Just a thought. The easy way would be to make your connection to the main but test the rear, this will tell you if they are switched.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Half-Timer

Thanks for the idea. Experiencing thunderstorms this morning so will have to wait to test this theory.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

Your quite welcome, hopefully that's all it is.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #5
Half-Timer

Tried it during rain break. Still no coax connection. Back to the drawing board and more research.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #6

Just out of curiosity since you know the main works to your master bedroom, did you try the other 2 areas while it was hooked up? Maybe they connected all 3 to the 1? Or open the panel to make sure they attached the cables to the back side?
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
Half-Timer

Main Satellite connection works

Removed the cover at main control panel. "Satellite Main" coax was connected but not tightened properly. Tighten (less than one turn) the connection and now the connection is complete. It works...........

As to the rear TV satellite connection: Guess it will not work without the coax being installed. I cannot find any coax at all in this compartment for the rear TV satellite. Guess they just forgot to install it. Would be interested to know if Sierra 5th wheel owners that have outdoor kitchen with TV have a satellite connection to that TV.

Thanks for the suggestions on troubleshooting this issue.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #8

I have the same problem. I can not get any reception at any of the connectors in the basement. The only way I can get TV is to hook the satellite cable directly into the receiver.

Tags
satellite, sierra