Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #1

SEAL UNDER MASTER BED SLIDE ON OUR 365SAQBs

Can you guys look and see if the seal is suppose to touch the bottom of the slide on the bottom slide. Mine has about a 1/8th inch gap/space between the slide floor and the gasket. We were camping in a REALLY bad WINDY raining sideways rain storm. It was 40-50 mph gusts and rained like that for 18 hours! I went to pick up my sweat pants down on floor under bed and they felt wet. I could feel the cold air coming in there and when it was pouring out with the wind it must have carried some of the rain with the wind. I can reproduce the draft with the fantastic fan on in the main bath. I guess they will have to move the seal up an eighth of an inch. In the mean time I will put a strip of weather insulation in the space to keep the heat and rain out till I can get it fixed. Thanks for any info.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #2

I don't have ours around right now so can't take a look sorry, but I am going to say that it should be touching. I would talk to your dealer to make sure. Sounds like a great place for Mosquitos to get in as well.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Mine had a tremendous draft last winter. Traded it for a 330rl.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forest River Forums mobile app
kssportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #4

THANKS, KSSPORTSMAN. Wondering if you had same set up as me, ie...365saqb with master bedroom slide and that is the one you were speaking of that had the draft underneath. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #5

Mine was a 2013 365saq. Used it last winter at work. The side by the bathroom has a cold draft. Never did investigate why. Traded it for the other due to the kids getting their own camper.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forest River Forums mobile app
kssportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #6

EHORN.......I FOUND the culpret!!! I was wrong about the gasket space, it is normal. There is a 2x4 square angle iron support under king bed that is stationary. It does not move with the slide. It is hollow. To test and see Air BLASTING through this support run the fantastic fan with all the rv closed up!! I think It communicates with some void under the closet and or overhang/hitch area. If you have a 365saqB it would be worth it to see if you are having this issue, you see when it is raining real hard and the wind is like 30/40 mph it is blowing air/water into the rv and carrying moisture with it!! This is noticeable on the left side of bed. I blocked it off with some plastic and memory foam for now and will probably spray some foam in there later. Please anyone else let me know if you have this issue. It is an easy fix and will save you possible water damage later.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #7

Do you have any pictures of the area in question
Jasonlevangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #8

pictures

these pictures were taken with slide IN. this is the end of the square tubular support, i have shoved some memory foam in the end of it for now. again it runs the whole width of the bed. It runs from the point you see towards the front of rv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv3.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	51298   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	51299  
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #9

Thanks looks like the problem area. Will check it out tomorrow
Old 05-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #10

Went to factory today looked at the frame it is a design flaw it draws air from the front nose cone. There is same thing on other side of room but it buts into the dresser.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #11

Will just be using spray foam to stop draft
Old 05-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #12

Jason, I can not believe you did that. THANKS! Wonder if they all are like this and people just do not know. This can cause water damage after a few years. If you look at the pictures you can see the carpet wrapped around the support, well even though I blocked off the open side of the support I still feel some air coming in under/around the carpet wrapped around the support which leads me to believe the space/area the support goes into is a little larger than the brace, so air can get around it also. Im not sure yet how I will stop THIS air/moisture from traveling down the carpet the length of the support(prob do nothing and hope the small amount of air still coming in is not going to affect anything that much.) I will be spraying door/window foam in this void eventually. thanks again for your help.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #13

just saw your post re spray foam. I have gotten so much from this forum it feels good to finally contribute.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #14

Nice find quick. Got the trailer home now, I will have to go out and have a look as well. I have been under there numerous times and haven't noticed anything like this. I will take a closer look now for sure.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #15

JUST CREATE a draft with the fantastic fan with all windows/doors and vents closed up and if you have the same problem, you will feel it there.

Tags
365, 365saq, bed, slide