Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #1

Second Air Conditioner

Looking for some guidance.

Camping world states that the second AC on my Sierra 377FLIK is only there to help the main AC in the rear. My thermostat is the Dometic has zone setting on it.

So right now the front AC will turn on and run for few minutes stop and never run again.

I thought I would be able to run the Front AC separate from the rear ac. Am I wrong or is camping world full of...

Thanks for the help.
Duramaxjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #2

Our thermostat has 2 zones. Zone 1 is the front, zone 2 is bedroom.

Zone 2 has it's own sensor. Small black plastic piece in bedroom on wall next to bedroom flat panel mount.

We can run with either Zone on or off or both on. We can set seperate temps for each zone.

2021 Coachmen Encore 325SS

2019 Edge ST
Herowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramaxjb View Post

Camping world states that the second AC on my Sierra 377FLIK is only there to help the main AC in the rear. My thermostat is the Dometic has zone setting on it.

So right now the front AC will turn on and run for few minutes stop and never run again.

I thought I would be able to run the Front AC separate from the rear ac. Am I wrong or is camping world full of...

Thanks for the help.

Always assume camping world is full of... because they are.

You can run both ac units seperate of each other.

Yes the front ac helps the back and the back helps the front.

When you say it dont run anymore is there something you do to get it to run again or is it done?

Do u have two zones on the thermostat? Or just one showing?

Check breakers. But it should give a e1 code on zone 2 is its tripped.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #4

I have the Dometic with the 2 zones. Camping world is full of....

So tired of this sort of BS.
Duramaxjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramaxjb View Post

Thanks for the help.

We have a Sierra rig with a rear AC controlled by a Dometic thermostat located in the Kitchen area. It is controlled as zone 2. There is a temperature sensor (in the rear bedroom) that will monitor the room temperature and cycle the unit on and off. When we first received the Rig, I set zone one (front living area) to 74 degrees and zone two (rear bedroom) to 74 degrees and found that the rear unit was (like you) seldom cycling on. I simply set it to 65 degrees and it cycled on regularly. I have a feeling that the ceiling vent in the rear (while blowing cold air), was fooling the sensor into thinking the room temperature was cooler than it really was. So setting the rear bedroom's temperature to 65 degrees fixed the problem for me. We have some friends with a similar Sierra unit and I noticed that they placed a piece of cardboard over the rear sensing unit. I suspect they had a similar problem.
Mikep-sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:50 PM   #6

Second Air Conditioner

We purchased a 2017 378FB new from camping world. AC never worked. Same issue as yours. We took it back and forth 4 times, sometimes in the middle of camping. We were told each time that the problem was fixed. Finally contacted a local RV repairman who came to our house and fixed the problem. The wiring in the ceiling between unit 1 and 2 had to be replaced. Also the copper connections were corroded and appeared to be interior telephone quality. He replaced those too. Hope this helps!
RonandMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #7

We have two thermostats. One for the bedroom AC and one for the "main" AC.
They ARE both connected to the ducted system throughout our 5er.
And actually our smaller bedroom unit runs more than the main unit does and because of the ducting, it does keep the unit cooled down after the initial stop for the night when both are blowing full blast.

Not sure if it helps, but thought I would share.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner