Old 07-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
As I read more of HERKS's postings I find that we think very much alike. Totally agree with the wheel bearing issues as more is better, also keeps the HUB cavity from condensating and rusting when filled with grease. As for the dual batteries I just applied a similar mod to the toyhauler. Didn't trust the dependancy on one battery that has to run the electrics as well as start the generator. So I installed a marine battery switch and added a second battery (a group 27 deep Cycle). Its wired to the hauler while the other can supplement it as well as start the generator. for inovative thinking and/or using ideas from the boating world. Keep the great ideas coming...

RONXS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
I like the LED thoughts, where did you get the bulbs? same original housing or did you have to change the whole fixture? Mine has some LEDs but I would love to have more inside as they are brighter and draw less power. I bought two more LED TV's for my rig and they all work wonderful without pulling a lot of power
Like Herk7769 mentions there are many discussions on LED lighting. I got mine from a vendor on eBay (in China) and am very happy. I only got the bulbs and kept my fixtures.

I have an LCD TV but never watch TV when dry camping or boondocking. I guess I could with an inverter... but TV is not my cup-o-tea when camping.

Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is online now   Reply With Quote