Old 03-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
Sierra 2011 355QBQ leaking A/C?

Ok, so I've pulled my 5er out for Spring Break. But when I pulled it up to my house, at a moderate incline, the A/C vent appears to be gently leaking a yellowish water-based liquid from the ceiling in the kitchen. Maybe a couple of teaspoons of liquid at most. Is this just rain water caught in the vents or is there a bigger problem lurking in my A/C unit on the roof?

2007.5 Dodge RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW
Mods: stiffer shocks, airbags, exhaust
Prodigy BC, Reese 20k Dbl-Pivot Slider Hitch
2011 Sierra 355QBQ, Mega Couch, Outdoor Kitchen
meritage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
That would be hard to tell. Could've just been condensation, or there actually may be a leak. Take off the inside cover and see if you can see where the water is coming from. If you can't tell, then remove the outside AC cover and look to see if you can see anything there(probably not). You may even take a water hose and try to make it leak some. My guess is though that it is condensation on the inside of the unit that is mixing with the dust from the filter and giving you the colored water. But I would sure investigate it heavily.

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
If you take the inner shroud down while your there check the 4 bolts/nuts that secure the upper unit. Some times these back off and cause a leak. Had my prior unit do the same thing. I found all 4 nuts loose. retightened and it was all good. Just a thought. good luck
rbcdp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
When tightening those bolts just make them snug. Overdoing it will compress the gasket too much.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote