Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #21

Do any of you have a problem with your 365SAQ cooling down even with the 2nd ac? We have 2 but it just doesn't ever get comfortable! Hope you are all enjoying your new trailers!
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #22

Ours works ok, even down here in the NC heat of summer. The main room does sometimes get a little warm during 90+ degree days, but it is still comfortable. The one up in the bedroom keeps that bedroom in meat locker territory if we let it run strong.

One thing to check is that the vent right up on the main AC outlet into the living room is open, otherwise there is not enough of the cool air getting in there.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbonnell View Post
Great feedback - Thanks!
Thanks for sharing the tow vehicle info as well.
I'm feeling a whole lot better about the tow rig situation now.

I have a 2006 Silverado crew cab 2500HD, Duramax & 6 speed Allison transmission, and a 16K PullRite hitch.
Our current trailer is a 30’ that weighs in at just under a paltry 9k. I wasn’t sure about pulling a considerably larger trailer with a 2500HD, so I had arranged for a test tow of a comparable sized trailer to the 365 (they didn’t have one in stock), in trailer/hitch weight and length.

I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The bed of the truck dropped ever so slightly more than with my current trailer (the hitch weight on my current trailer is 875 lbs lighter) , and I noticed VERY little difference in pulling.I took it down the expressway, and up the ramps with no problems.

In looking at the book on the trailering capacities of the 2006 Silverado that I have, the chart showed no difference in trailer/hitch weight capacity between my version and the 3500HD crew cab version (same engine/transmission). I would have to actually “downsize” to the 3500HD Standard Cab (I don’t want to give up that extra room in order to gain trailer towing capacity.

Based in part on all the great feedback from this forum, we’re going ahead with the purchase of this trailer.
Thanks again everyone for the feedback!
FYI,

It is not the trailering capacity that gets you it is the total weight, GVWR.

We have the 365 and I traded our 4x4 2010 2500 crew diesel for a 3500 as we could not keep the weight within a MFG safe range when loaded for camping. You have to weigh the vehicle loaded for camping add the remaining people that would be in the TV then add the camper or reweigh with the camper is best. In our case the weight of the TV (higher for a crew/4x4) plus gear, wife and 3 kids it was over the recommended weight for the 2500. I prefer to be no more that 80% of the max load, we were not close to that.

Depending on how\what you load the 2006 4x4 crew 2500 will be close to it's limits as the loads for it are lower than they are 2010 and 2011 trucks.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #24

Thanks for the feedback.
As you point out, one needs to get to the 2010 + version in order to gain any appreciable capacity in terms of margin/comfort level..
In previous versions, there wasn’t much difference in capacities between the 2500HD and 3500HD (according to the trailering/towing guides for the 2006 that I have), UNLESS you were willing to give up the extended/crew cabs – and there goes a significant usefulness of the truck in my opinion.
I do plan on taking it over to the local truck scales when I get it, so that I’m not guessing.
Fortunately, at this point, my trips are limited in distance and grades. One new toy at a time
Rbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #25

Well, we finally picked up our new 365saq two weeks ago, and we are on our maiden voyage with it. We are running into a few minor issues with it, but nothing major. I appreciated the feedback from the forum members regarding some interior options, especially the one about getting the large U-shaped dinette. It works great having all the seating area, and even with the tables up, there is still plenty of room. We eat outside most of the time anyways ( love the outside kitchen), so the extra lounging space inside is great. The dual A/C units was another great suggestion. This unit needs it for sure! One other good idea is the fantastic fans, as the ceiling heights are beyond the reach of most humans. I had one put in the kitchen and back bedroom, but not in the back bathroom - big mistake on my part. I wonder if they can be retrofitted? I'm finding the outside fridge very convenient, however, don't expect much out of it in terms of performance. It takes forever to get even the slightest bit chilled, and that was after discovering that you should leave the outer door ajar for air circulation for the fridge ( which does get quite warm on the side if you shut the outer door). About the only other compliant that I would have at this point is the lack of quality on some of the finish work. The doors on most of the cabinets were not sanded very well ( rough edges) and the staining of the wood could have used a little more attention paid to it ( light and dark areas). Overall, we are pretty happy with the unit so far.
My concerns with pulling this rig with my 2006 2500 are no longer. The truck does a great job pulling, but I will say that it is at the top of the range for the 2500. A 3500 dually would be nicer, but I'll do ok for the time being.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #26

I hear ya on the fantasic fans. I wish I would of got one in the main room and the back bedroom. We love our trailer everything has worked great from the begining.
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #27

The fridge outside has a control switch on the top back right of unit,if you turn it all the way up it will freeze your drinks, and make a mess.
NC cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbonnell
One other good idea is the fantastic fans, as the ceiling heights are beyond the reach of most humans. I had one put in the kitchen and back bedroom, but not in the back bathroom - big mistake on my part. I wonder if they can be retrofitted?.
Rbonnell,

We're new to 5th wheel camping. We pick our new unit in about 3 weeks. I chose to forgo the Fantastic Fan in the rear bunkhouse on our Cedar Creek 36B4 because the salesman said that it was only a benefit when seeking to quickly cool down the area. Why do you regret not having the fan in your rear bedroom?
bjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #29

It's the back bathroom that I don't have a Fantastic Fan in (to eliminate odors when in use - I do have one in the back bedroom (and Kitchen, and the front bathroom of course). As I mentioned in the previous post, the ceiling height in the back bathroom is too high for even me to reach the vent for opening the cover (I'm 6' 1"). It would have been nice to just flip a switch on the wall to open/start it up as with the other ones. Yes, the salesman is correct - it does a fantastic job of pulling the hot air out when first opening the trailer, but there are many times when you don't want to fire up the A/C (with the noise that comes with them), and there's just not enough air movement to keep the insides cooled down. These fans create their own air movement! The 365 is a big trailer, and having all these options for creating comfort within is money well spent in my book.
By the way, I think it's worth mentioning again - we absolutely love the U-shaped dinette. We wondered if we'd miss the traditional arrangement of separate dinning/seating, but this works out so much better.
Best wishes with the new trailer bjlowe! You'll enjoy it no matter which way you go
Old 02-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #30

Do you have any photos of the u-shaped party dinette with the table in? I am thinking about ordering it, but I wonder if the table takes up a lot of space. I can't find any photos of it anywhere. Thanks!
Kimberly
221kimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #31

we have the 2012 365 saq love it deffinitly need the 2nd air
rangerbob2926 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq