Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #1

Sierra 365SAQ color choices and seating...

My wife and I are about to order a Sierra 365SAQ, however the dealer does not have any in stock for us to view the colors/decor. Based on the brochure, we are leaning towards the Espresso. We're wondering if anyone with a 365SAQ has that decor, and what they think of the overall scheme. Also, are there any owners of the 365SAQ that have the La-Z-Boy recliners in place of the couch?
Any other upgrades that anyone has, or would suggest?
Thanks in advance
Rbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #2

One more question - did anyone get the 2nd A/C unit installed in the master bedroom? If so, how is it working for you? If not, are you happy with the performance of the single one? What did it do to the height of the unit?
Thanks!
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #3

Hi, Im new to the Forum and i purchased a 365saq last week,I have a lot of the option on mine and it is the expresso color. if some one can tell me how to attach pictures from my email. My wife and kids love it.
NC cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #4

When you reply to this message thread, there is an option for "attachments".
Click on it, then click on add attachments. You will need to save the pics to your local device first, and then attach them to the message from there.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #5

I have one on order. Should get it next week. We ordered one in cognac with marble being our second choice. We did see a 391QB TT in espresso and it was nice. If I remember right it had the dark brown lazy boy and couch. Yeah the 2 Lazyboys instead of the couch would be really nice. I would of done that but the wife wanted the couch for extra sleeping. We did replace the lower bunk for an extra couch though.
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #6

Thanks for the feedback. The salesperson is telling us that the la-z-boys are not an option (even though they are on the Serria 365saq options worksheet!)' so I was hoping to find someone out there with the same trailer, that DOES have them. I'm up in the West Michigan area, and we typically do most of our rving between there and the U.P. - but we've have some very warm summer days, and have struggled with poor air conditioning in out Springdale 30' trailer, so I was thinking that the 2nd a/c would address that issue. Do you have any concerns that just the one a/c won't be enough?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #7

How long did either of you have to wait for your trailer?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #8

43 days if it comes in tommorow. Tell the salesman to call the factory and ask. I cant see any reason that they would not do that. There have a few floorplans that you can switch the sofa for the Lazy boys. I'm sure there will be an extra charge
Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #9

Thanks for the reply!
43 days sounds about right (they are telling us 6-8 weeks).
As I mentioned previously, the Sierra "options list" has the La-Z-Boys listed, and the cost per, but the sales person says "no" - not available. A sales person (competitor) for the Sandpiper version, says that they are available. How do I believe?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #10

The salesman is being lazy. Tell him to check with the factory. My dealer sells both seirra and sandpiper and he said they can do a fair amount of customizing if you order one. I cant see any reason that they would not do that. I see there are other models that allow you to interchange the sofa for the 2 chairs. I would tell them that you want to order a Sierra but if you cant get the chair option your gonna get the Sandpipper. The only diff. is the colors.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #11

Sorry it took me so long,I had more pictures Somehow I lost them, The weather here has been in the 90's the last few days and I would recommend the second air cond.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sierra 365saq Expresso. u-shape.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	6046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sierra 365saq Expresso.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	6047  
Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #12

Thanks for the pics. We wondered what the u-shaped dinette option was. I kind of like that idea. It certainly gives you more useable seating for what is probably the majority of the type of seating you would need anyways. The couch in the back is a great idea too. Which side is that on? The bathroom side, or the other side? Is it a jack knife bed or a fold out?
Thanks for the feedback on the A/C! That's what I thought would be the case. It's a lot of trailer, and I was concerned about the air flow to the front.
My problem now is, the height! I'm hearing it would be about 14' with the 2nd unit, and in Michigan, 13' - 6" is the max height!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #13

Hi, we got our 365SAQ a few weeks ago. We ordered Maple and did the couch in the bunkhouse (jack knife couch actually) but because we ordered the outdoor kitchen (must have option for our family) its on the other side. We tried to order it with the lazy boys as well, but the sales guy said it would cost the 350 fee for changing, plus the added cost of the chairs themselves. His idea was a great one, order it with the couch in the living room, and because its free moving you can remove it and replace it with two chairs of your choice from lazy boy itself. We actually like the euro type recliners you sometimes see in toyhaulers, and they are much easier to move. The couch is easy to get out as the back cushions come off and the frame is just the right size to get out the door. Just food for thought, but it made sense to us. We don't need the extra sleeping capacity as we have the booth dinette and all four bunks, and figured we could put the couch back in when we sell or trade.

Edit - We also got the bedroom air and because of where we live and camp (NC) we wouldn't dare go without it. On a hot day we use it, but at night we turn it off. It can get really hot up in that room and the second air really helps.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #14

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

TitanFlyer - can you tell me if the front a/c unit that you had added, is it a low profile?
What is the total (new) height at now? It's 13' to begin with, but I'm concerned the 2nd unit up front is really going to push the max here in Michigan of 13' 6".

Also, (everyone) what are you using to pull the 365 with?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #15

The two units height are about the same height they would not build it 14 feet high for it would not clear low bridges. I pull mine with a 2008 f250 diesel 2 wheel drive.Pulling from Ohio to NC I cold hardly tell it was being towed.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #16

Great feedback - Thanks!
Thanks for sharing the tow vehicle info as well.
I'm feeling a whole lot better about the tow rig situation now.

I have a 2006 Silverado crew cab 2500HD, Duramax & 6 speed Allison transmission, and a 16K PullRite hitch.
Our current trailer is a 30’ that weighs in at just under a paltry 9k. I wasn’t sure about pulling a considerably larger trailer with a 2500HD, so I had arranged for a test tow of a comparable sized trailer to the 365 (they didn’t have one in stock), in trailer/hitch weight and length.

I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. The bed of the truck dropped ever so slightly more than with my current trailer (the hitch weight on my current trailer is 875 lbs lighter) , and I noticed VERY little difference in pulling.I took it down the expressway, and up the ramps with no problems.

In looking at the book on the trailering capacities of the 2006 Silverado that I have, the chart showed no difference in trailer/hitch weight capacity between my version and the 3500HD crew cab version (same engine/transmission). I would have to actually “downsize” to the 3500HD Standard Cab (I don’t want to give up that extra room in order to gain trailer towing capacity.

Based in part on all the great feedback from this forum, we’re going ahead with the purchase of this trailer.
Thanks again everyone for the feedback!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #17

Oh, and thanks NC cowboy for the tip/pics on the u-shaped dinette. I think we might lean towards that option. I think we'd get a whole lot more use out of the "group" seating. Where do you store the tables/chairs when not in use?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #18

The couch has 4 compartments for storage and the blow up matress,two wooden folding chairs and 2 tables

One other idea you may want to look at for the kids room,unlike the picture I have the outside kitchen,with two beds on that side. the other side I have the sofa that can turn into a blow up bed, with a folding bunk over it.You can get the bunk or cabinets above the couch.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #19

Definitely go with the second ac. We have the 355qbq (very similar to the 365), we just pulled ours about 1300 miles from Nebraska to Arkansas and back with a 2004 F350 with a V10. Not any problems, pulls great, but noticed the one ac just can't keep up. It ran all day non-stop. We will get the second unit very soon.

2011 Sierra 355 QBQ
04 Ford F350 V10
blatch70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #20

Thanks for the feedback.
We have placed the order (with the 2nd A/C and u-shaped dinette).
The roll-off the line date is scheduled for the 27th of this month.
We are hoping to pick it up the first of July.

Tags
365, 365saq