Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

Sierra 365SAQ Issues Help Please

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an 13 Sierra 365SAQ This is not my first camper. As always there are a few items after a couple of trips for the punch list. My two main ones that I was told there is nothing they can do that everything checked fine are.

1--The water pressure in the kitchen and bath. especially the bath when you turn the shower on and flip the wand upside down water barely comes out. I have tried a new regulator, no regulator same issue. I noticed that the outside water filter seems to empty when i turn the water on. I have tried new filter and without a filter. I'm thinking that the water can not flow properly into the filter but you still have the pressure.

2--When I use the heat the upper bedroom and bath barely blow air. I am an air-conditioning contractor, I know about air flow. It seems to me that if you have good air flow at the last register before the bath that you should get decent flow at the next. When I cover the registers It still does not get any better. It is so bad it will barely blow a match out.

I need to add one more issue.

3--My outside kitchen refrigerator obviously shuts off due to compressor overheating when the outside temp reaches about 80 Deg and i close my outside kitchen door when going in for the night. I was told to leave my door open at night. I recommended a fan and a exhaust vent be installed. I was told that no one has complained and they have never heard of an issue as mine. Being a HVAC contractor I run into these situations a lot when people want to run refrigeration in areas reaching 100 deg plus. Refrigeration as well as A/C are designed for 95 deg operation anything over they start loosing capacity. When they are enclosed in a small area and that area reaches 110 plus they over heat because they are not displacing the heat.

I know this is rather long but has anyone else had these problems and if so do you have a solution.

Thanks
Nathan
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I also have a 365saq. The lack of water pressure is probably due to sediment clogging the screen at the faucet. This happens on almost all new units. As for the heat duct, it sounds like there is a definite blockage. Not sure what to tell you on that one. As for the fridge in the outside kitchen, I haven't had a problem with mine keeping things cold. I usually close it up at night and whenever I leave during the day. Could possibly have a bad fridge, especially if it's shutting down at 80*. Mine has worked fine, even during 105* weather.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #3

I have a 365 saq sandpiper and it does the same thing with the heat in the bedroom and bathroom. Fr doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to hvac in these big units. The a/c which I have 2 is not vented to cool the rv properly in the summer. I got a electric infrared heater and use it and it heats the whole rv. I also put registers on the back bunk room and living room that I could control. They didn't do much good.

The refer is BAD. Have you checked the temp control behind the refer? I have had mine in very hot over 100 degree temps and no problems.

Good luck!
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #4

Thanks Tim

Checked the screen and everything was fine. I just picked the camper up from the RV shop. They blew everything out and said its fine. I agree with the freg. that was my statement to them. They checked it at 30 deg day and said it was fine. I will have to wait until it gets warmer and take it back.

Thanks
Nathan
Old 03-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #5

Chiro,

I did check the temp control, it was ok the compressor each time was extremely hot and the internal overload was tripped open. I also purchased a infrared heater and it heats very good. It is what I generally use when power is available ( why pay for gas ).

I figured the $ spent things should work. All my other campers water, heat and A/C ( when below 100 ) worked fine. 2nd fith wheel and not impressed so far.

Thanks
nathan
Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #6

Depending on how much air flow you have to the front bedroom, go in through the basement and check the duct to that register and make sure is on and not kinked. I used registers that you can close to help solve mine. Another buddy of mine has his duct almost kinked completely off, but in these units, it is where they put the furnace. More of the newer ones have the furnace in a different location.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #7

Nathan you fridge is bad. They need to cough up a new one for you. Golf medic is exactly right about the furnace. Mine isn't kinked and it still has low flow. They moved the furnace to the front on the newer 2013s.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #8

Thanks for posting this. My new 2013 SAQ365 SandPiper will be delivered at the end of the month and I will look at this closely during my walk-thru. I do remember however the furnace is located in the front of my unit which should help with the heating issue. I was also told there were recent improvements made for airflow while using the AC. One of the techs at my dealership actually has one of these 5ers and advised during the summer with one AC you could hang meat inside if you wanted to lol. I know there are differences between your rig and mine (SandPiper) but we will see. Thanks again for the info.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #9

I don't have your model but do have the 2012 Sierra 356rl. It's shower pressure was worthless until I replaced the shower head. I got an oxygenics, I believe this is the one in this link. It is absolutely magic how it pressurizes the shower. If the link doesn't come through just search oxygenics shower head. I think I also removed the little pressure plug where the hose connects to the hot cold water knobs. Hope this helps. Ed

Oxygenics Body Spa Handheld Shower Kit, White - Amazon.com
semlohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments. I have the heater that is under the stove. I guess it is considered mid way. I will check in the basement for kinks. The tech at the facility where i purchased my camper said the same thing about the shower head. I would think they would update it for you. I forgot about the grill on the back. They had to weld it on the platform.

I have another question. When the heat comes on the A/C fan for the rear comes on. The mech. told me there is a setting on the t-stat, I think he told me it had to be on auto. I put it on every combination i could think of. The fan runs when the heat is on.

KenNJ1
I have two A/C units summer time is better than 1 A/C but not that cold.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #11

The t-stat has to go to AUX for just the heat to come on. Sounds funny, but that is the way it is. Once in the AUX mode, set your temp and the furnace will turn on after a minute or so. The A/C fan will not come on then.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote