Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

Sierra 365Saq satellite

Ok..i hooked up my sat and learned the second port in goes to the master....anyone know where the first one goes to? Only wall plate in the rig that says sat is in the master...rest say cable and antenna
Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #2

Do you have two connections on each plate? Mine has cable/Antenna and Sat/Aux at all three TV locations, the basement (4th)location only has cable/Antenna.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #3

I have 2 in all three inside.....master bedroom has antenna and aux/sat.....the livingroom and bunkhouse have antenna and cable and my outside entertainment only has one which is hooked to antenna so ive seen lol.....i dont have a basement hook up because i have the entertainment package and the outside has 3 inputs....park cable, sat 1 and sat 2....which sat 2 is master bedroom
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #4

I just set up DirectTV in my 365SAQ the other day and I can get it to work on one tv at a time. I thought maybe there would be a way to sent the signal to more than one tv. I wouldnt mind if it was the same channel. I think I would need a seperate sat box for each tv. On the outside of my trailer it has 2 sat dish hook up jacks and one park cable. My top jack goes to the back bedroom. I didnt have time to try to see where the bottom jack went. I wonder why they would have 2? Does anyone have any info on the way this trailer was set up that woud be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	outsat.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	17429   Click image for larger version

Name:	bedsat.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	17430   Click image for larger version

Name:	livsat.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	17431  
cjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones
I just set up DirectTV in my 365SAQ the other day and I can get it to work on one tv at a time. I thought maybe there would be a way to sent the signal to more than one tv. I wouldnt mind if it was the same channel. I think I would need a seperate sat box for each tv. On the outside of my trailer it has 2 sat dish hook up jacks and one park cable. My top jack goes to the back bedroom. I didnt have time to try to see where the bottom jack went. I wonder why they would have 2? Does anyone have any info on the way this trailer was set up that woud be great.
Got mine set up...in my 365 the top goes to the living room and bottom goes to the master bedroom (even though the living room plate said cable) and the cable goes to the bunkhouse
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Haven't tried our satellite yet, but sounds like it's a trial and error as to which hookup goes where. Been thinking of getting a portable dish for our DirectTv, but haven't made up my mind as to which kind to get.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
Site Team - Lou

The SAT outside connection ONLY goes to the AUX/SAT output on the wall plate. To route the SAT signal to other TV coax outputs in the camper you need a simple mod and then use the CABLE input instead of the SAT input.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf satellite_rewire.pdf (957.8 KB, 73 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
Got mine set up...in my 365 the top goes to the living room and bottom goes to the master bedroom (even though the living room plate said cable) and the cable goes to the bunkhouse

So your saying that if you hook up your sat to the park cable jack it goes to the back bedroom? Do you have sat on more than 1 tv?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #9

Quote:

So your saying that if you hook up your sat to the park cable jack it goes to the back bedroom? Do you have sat on more than 1 tv?
Yes and yes, i have sat set up in master bedroom and in the living room, cable goes back bedroom
Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #10

So you have a seperate receiver for each tv?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #11

Quote:
So you have a seperate receiver for each tv?
Yes i have a regular dish set up with two boxes....one for bedroom (dual tuner which i only use the second for dvr purposes) and the living room hd box
Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #12

I have the treehouse model, but believe it is the same setup. I have the 2 sat and 1 cable connection on outside of camper. What I have found is this: The top sat connection feeds the master bedroom and the bottom sat connection feeds the living room. I also have coax ports in loft, back room, and basement but they are only fed thru the cable port. I have been unable to get sat to work on any of them. Also the tv in living room has two coax cables, grey(sat) and white(cable). If I was hooked to cable in the park I would have to hook the white cable up in LR and if I was hooked to sat then I have to hook grey cable up. I installed a switchbox so I could just switch back and forth without have to remove the tv. If I am hooked to cable, it feeds all tv's. If I am hooked to sat, I only get it on LR or Master bedroom. I run a duo reciever, so I have a sat ine in both sat ports on camper and I have the duo receiver in the bedroom and that works the bedroom and LR tv independently. If I choose to watch tv outside, I just hookup the HDMI cable i have fed from the bedroom to the basement thru a water pipe hole. I leave that cable there so aloo I have to do is move tv out and plug it in. I was really frustrated when I bought my rig 3 years ago because I could not get any answer on the setup. I tried the dealer, salesmen, folks at camper shows, and a factory rep, and still nothing. It was alot of trial and error.
jeffnlori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq, sierra, satellite