Old 04-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #11

Our GFCI is in the bathroom mounted in front of the sink. It powers all the others in our Flagstaff 27 RLWS. It failed and none of the others would work, but it would. It took me a while to find it. It has since been replaced.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Check in the basement also!

Old 04-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #13

Does your unit have a slide? My 2014 182G R-Pod had a small leak from the factory under the sink in the slide. It eventually shorted out a junction connection right under the sink baseboard and killed three outlets! I checked the GFI and even replaced it before I took it to the dealer and they traced the circuit back to the bad junction!
Old 04-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #14

beech jet and glfillion, I am going to replace both gfci outlets and see if that fixes the problem. I have power to both gfci outlets. Go from there. Great advise. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #15

Update: I pulled both GFCI outlets.
Kitchen receptacle is GFCI, although only with line-in and no out-load wiring to other outlets. This is one is not the problem.
Bathroom receptacle is GFCI. It has both line-in and out-load wiring to other outlets. I checked the voltage on the line and load terminals, with and without the test trip set. The GFCI showed 120V to both line and load with trip reset, and 0V when tripped. This in not the problem either.
Breaker box has a trip switch for GFCI. 120V reading with the breaker shut and not in the trip free position.
Bottom line, every outlet has power except the three GFCI protected receptacles in the kitchen. There has got to be another GFCI outlet in this RV or I have a wiring issue that hasn't grounded yet. I'm concerned if the 2nd is true.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Did you look in the basement?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #17

with the kitchen loads being the ones missing power I would suspect that the load wire thats supposed to hook to the kitchen GFI is missing. Has the kitchens recpts ever worked? are they withing 6 feet of wet location where you know they are supposed to be gfi protected?
Old 04-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #18

I found two outlets external to the RV. One near the speakers with retractable weather covers and the other in the basement. Both had power and neither was a GFCI reset receptacle.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #19

Crockett, I bought this RV last week from the original owner that had it for 6 months. I overlooked checking all the outlets for power and took their word that there were no problems. Perhaps those outlets never worked, although they are required to be GFCI protected as they are all within a few feet of the kitchen sink. The GFCI labels are on those receptacles as well. I suppose what is bothering me the most is the unknown of this RV's wiring. I don't know if I'm missing a reclusive GFCI outlet, or if the problem is internal wiring. I do know the only GFCI outlet (in bathroom) with a load wire to other protected receptacles shows 120V.
I get that feeling that deep in the walls of this RV, there are two wires with caps on the ends that deserve to be connected, and aren't...
I plan on pulling the three kitchen outlets tonight and opening them up to check the wiring and contacts are good. Would love to see "hot" wires upon opening them up.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #20

maybe just pull the kitchen GFI and fish around a little for possibly the missing load wire...

Tags
sierra, electrical