Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #21

Crockett, I'm bringing my multimeter, screwdriver, pliers and sledgehammer out to the RV today. At some point tonight, those outlets will have power!
Scooterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #22

set the latter tool a good distance away, where it takes a good 10 count to retrieve it and return to the coach.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #23

Like I said earlier, you have a junction in the line from the GFIC that is broken/disconnected from the rest of the circuit. You are going to have to visibly trace this circuit to the dead sockets!
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:31 AM   #24

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by glfillion View Post
Like I said earlier, you have a junction in the line from the GFIC that is broken/disconnected from the rest of the circuit. You are going to have to visibly trace this circuit to the dead sockets!
you are correct. Before I start pulling cabinets and walls apart, I want to confirm a wiring question from an observation I made through the troubleshooting done thus far.

ASKING FAVOR FROM ANY 371REBH OWNER.

I pulled out the receptacle of the GFCI protecting outlet between the stove and refrigerator. There is a "hot' wire in to the "line" side of the outlet. There is no wire on the "load" side.
By code, this outlet is required to be GFCI. Perhaps it wasn't wired to protect other outlets, on the other hand, maybe it was suppose to be wired to protect the three outlets in the kitchen that don't work in my RV.
Does anyone with a 371rebh know if their outlet between the stove and refrigerator has a "line" and "load" wire at the receptacle?

If so, then I know my wiring just needs to be pulled through to this outlet.

If not, the bathroom outlet (which I confirmed to be live on the load side) is disconnected from my three kitchen GFCI protected outlets.

The latter of these options could be confirmed by another 371rebh owner if they test the bathroom GFCI and loose power on the three kitchen outlets by the sink.

Solid chance you'll become my BFF if you have the answer to my questions. Heck, Christmas and Birthday gifts may follow.

Cheers...
Old 04-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #25

Never seen your camper model, but dont forget to look up also, I had outlets mounted under the cabinets (facing down) that I always forget are there. What about an outlet behind the microwave.
2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Dirt_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:40 PM   #26

Have you pulled the outlets that are not working and see if there are loose wires on them. The method that FR uses to wire a trailer is on outlet in the circuit has a loose wire all the outlet down stream will be dead.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Have you pulled the outlets that are not working and see if there are loose wires on them. The method that FR uses to wire a trailer is on outlet in the circuit has a loose wire all the outlet down stream will be dead.
I used a voltage tester on the wires to the outlet, they are not energized.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt_Farmer View Post
Never seen your camper model, but dont forget to look up also, I had outlets mounted under the cabinets (facing down) that I always forget are there. What about an outlet behind the microwave.
Thank you. Took a look again and didn't find anything.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:39 PM   #29

I like the idea of tripping the gfi on a similar model...
Old 04-16-2015, 10:48 PM   #30

A manager from the 371rebh production line called me and stated the kitchen outlets are wired to the GFCI outlet in the bathroom of the RV. After sharing the finding of my RV's issue, he agreed there is a wiring problem and went further to let me know where those wires are located. According to the production manager, I will find the wire from the outside of the left rear slide bottom. He said to reach in there and I'll find the wires. Going to open the main breaker beforehand and see what I can find out. I will post the results tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #31

Hello All,

I have almost the exact same problem.

I have a 2016 371 REBH

2 outlets in kitchen under the cabinets are dead, one outlet at end of counter island is dead. Also the one in the storage compartment is dead. All 4 outlets are marked "gfci" but none have a reset - this is in the bathroom and that outlet works fine.

also the outside plug near the speakers works fine as does the one in the kitchen between the stove and refrigerator (this one is NOT marked gfci)

no idea what to do - I took delivery about a month ago and I would take it back to dealership but it took 4 guys about 6 hours to squeeze this monster into our seasonal campsite and I dread having to do that again. If you have found a solution to what seems like a very similar problem please let me know
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterb View Post
A manager from the 371rebh production line called me and stated the kitchen outlets are wired to the GFCI outlet in the bathroom of the RV. After sharing the finding of my RV's issue, he agreed there is a wiring problem and went further to let me know where those wires are located. According to the production manager, I will find the wire from the outside of the left rear slide bottom. He said to reach in there and I'll find the wires. Going to open the main breaker beforehand and see what I can find out. I will post the results tomorrow.
did you ever identify the problem?
Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #33

Maineiac: after reading the description of your problem on your 371 REBH, we have the same outlets not working.
The production line manager at FR for our RV gave me promising information to troubleshoot the issue and I went on a search for the problem wiring...yet did not find faulty or disconnected wiring.
I had to move my RV into storage until this week and will hook it up to power again on Friday. I plan to resume the troubleshooting this weekend.

I highly suspicion the wiring is disconnected between the GFCI outlet in the bathroom (it supplies the load to our faulty kitchen outlets) and the kitchen. I have power in the bathroom on both the line and load side of the GFCI outlet. There isn't a separate circuit for the three kitchen outlets as the production line manager at FR stated to me the bathroom outlet is the controlling GFCI for the three kitchen and one outdoor GFCI protected outlet (by the speakers). I have power to the outdoor outlet and that confirms the bathroom GFCI load line is working properly. Therefore, it stands to reason, there is an open circuit between the bathroom and kitchen outlets. The big question now, where did FR run the wiring between the outlets? If you pull off the outlet covers and remove the outlets in the kitchen, you'll notice the wiring runs between the wall of the kitchen and bunkhouse. This weekend I'm going to start at the bathroom and find any interferences that I can remove to gain access between the walls. The hallway cupboard looks promising. There is nothing between the bunk room and kitchen. I pray the disconnect isn't in there.
Would your dealer be willing to send a tech to your RV? You should get the service call waived since you are under warranty.
I will report back on my findings this weekend. I can give you the name and number of the FR manager as well. Out of respect for the guy, I won't post it on here.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #34

any 110 receptacle that is within 6' of a wet location is supposed to be GFCI protected. the line power comes in and protects that plug, then the load out protects everything down that line. so, this circuit was to do the bathroom and then go do the 3 kitchen plugs.

hopefully that sledge hammer is back in the tool shed...
Old 06-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #35

We had a similar problem on our Flagstaff 27 RLWS. The bathroom GFCI controlled all the outlets in the back of the trailer, and part of it failed, so the bathroom outlet worked, but it didn't let the power go to the other outlets. It took a while to find the problem.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #36

the outside recpt should be done too...might get an idea if its on the same circuit as the other hot kitchen recpt. if it is, find out which is first in the circuit and gfci that circuit as well. this did not get wired to plan so FR may never know what was done.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #37

Maineiac, I reread your first post and realize you RV doesn't have power in the storage compartment. My RV has power to the underbelly storage outlet. I am thinking the wiring from the bathroom goes to the speaker outlet first, then to the underbelly outlet, then to the kitchen outlets. If this is the case, you may be disconnected between the speaker outlet and underbelly outlet. I may be disconnected between the underbelly outlet and the kitchen.

talking out loud here. worth checking out.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #38

I'll pull some plugs and see if something is disconnected...if the wiring goes from the bathroom to the outside speaker plug (both working for me) and then from there to the storage compartment (not working) and the 3 kitchen outlets (not working) then the problem may be with one of those outside outlets, I'll check it out as soon as I can and let you guys know what I find.

also strange that the kitchen outlet near the stove/fridge is not marked GFCI and it works fine.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #39

also I just noticed this thread is in the Sierra forum, I don't think it matters but my 371 REBH is a Sandpiper - I assume from an electrical wiring standpoint they are both identical.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:38 AM   #40

was FR able to send anybody a schematic on how it was supposed to be wired??

Tags
sierra, electrical